Thursday, November 17, 2011

Too Faced Retractable Bronze-buki Brush

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I've been so bad in reviewing, and I apologize! I'm trying to get better but I think I have more stuff than any normal, non-makeup artist should have. I'm trying to catch up, and the most important thing is I'm trying. Anyways, I think it's time for me to review Too Faced Retractable Bronze-buki Brush. I received this in the first half of 2011 when I attended the Too Faced Summer Trend. If you haven't, feel free to read Part 1 and Part 2 of the event.

Where can you purchase this: Too Faced website, Sephora, etc...
Price: $34

Made in China

Description on the back: Bronze-buki has been specifically engineered to apply bronzers in an airbrushed, layered fashion. The longer crimped bristles pick up the ideal amount of bronzer while the shorter bristles buff in color for an even, natural finish.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
My thoughts: The first time I saw this at the Too Faced event I thought it was adorable. Who wouldn't want a pink and brown retractable brush! I also loved that it was a flat top. I already own a Too Faced retractable kabuki brush, and I love how soft it is. I had high hopes for this Bronze-buki brush.

The first thing I did is wash my brush. I was pretty impressed how easy it is to wash it. I didn't see any bleeding, as well as, shedding. That's a big bonus especially as times goes on it won't shed that often. Either I didn't wash my brush that well or the hair is just this way. Whenever I touch the hair, it feels oily but it isn't. After you touch the brush and rub your fingers together, you do not feel the oil.
I love how the hairs are a mixture of light pink and brown. Such gorgeous colors! I also noticed there are two types of hairs, short and long. From the description, the long hair picks up the powder and the short hairs buff it onto the skin. I can see that happening. I also love how dense it is at the barrel and loose at the top, brown hairs. On the box, it says it's Teddy Bear Hair. I'm not too sure what Teddy Bear Hair means. I had to look on the website. It says...

'Teddy Bear Hair: Too Faced's one of a kind "Teddy Bear Hair" is an exclusive, super soft and luxurious fiber that grabs and blends pigments for a professional looking application without any of the animal cruelty associated with natural hair brushes.'

I love how Too Faced is against animal cruelty! When you own pets, you tend to respect that in a company. :)

It has a pull up and down, the brown metallic part. There's one thing I love about this one! My first retractable brush I own is from Essence of Beauty. I liked that brush when I did not know better. Now that I look back, I'm not too keen on that brush. The reason is that the pull up and down part would grab the hairs on the outside, and time goes on I can see the hair getting tangled on the outside. Too Faced brushes are well made that the hairs on the outside does not get tangled. I've had this brush more than half a year, and I still do not see tangled hair on the outside.
You put the lid on the brown metallic that goes up and down. I love how sturdy it is! Once it's on, it's on unless you take it off. Then you push it down so the brown, metallic part goes down and does not show. Either I got a rejected piece or all the brushes does this. Mine doesn't fully stay down. It moves up and down depending on where the brush is. It's not a big deal. It's really minor in comparison.
Here's how the brush looks in daylight. The packaging is a pink, shiny, metallic container. Depending where you store your brush, it can get bruised and scratched. Luckily for me, it doesn't happen much but I can see it happening.

The name of the brush says it's for bronzing, but I disagree. I think you can use it for any powder products. I use it to buff my powder when I need a touch. It's easy to carry, just put it in my makeup bag and go. You can use it for blush, bronzer, powder, and so on. It is up to you. Just use your imagination. ;)

Pros:
* Too Faced brushes
* Against animal cruelty.
* Cute colors!
* Can carry in your purse.
* Versatile brush.
* Flat top.
* No scent.
* Outside hair does not get tangled.
* Extremely soft.
* Buffers well.

Cons:
* Brown, metallic that goes up and down isn't fully intact.
* Packaging can get damage if handled wrong.

Would I repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Too Faced products reviewed/swatch:
Baked Eyeshadow
Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color
Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I'll keep this in mind. I only have one Kabuki brush, and it's a HUGE Nars one!

❤~ WinWin ~❤ said...

This brush is too cute to resist. Dun worry your review is fine.. :)

Love,
Winwin
http://princessdiary-winwin.blogspot.com
Tweet: @winwin0_0

Shop N' Chomp said...

Oh my gosh, the packaging and color are soo cute! XD Great to see the pros outweighing the cons so much.

AskMeWhats said...

I have heard nothing bur RAVES for this brush! It's bad we don't have TOO Faced down here, but the TFSI doesn't work much in our weather down here.

How have you been?

ShinyPrettyThings said...

such a cute brush!!! i've felt it in the stores, sooo soft...yes kinda like a teddy bear hehehe

DonnaHsueh said...

The Packaging is adorable!!
Btw, love your new layout! :)

jane said...

I totally feel you about the animal cruelty things. Every pet owner should feel the same way and companies should recognize that! :) great post~

Unknown said...

The brush looks so cute! I love the pink and brown brush fibers and the compact design makes it great for travel. Thanks for such a thorough review of it as well!

And in regards to your question about my photos, I think the best piece of advice I could share with you that I've learned so far is to use natural lighting for your photos and avoid flash. Even if you're just using a regular point and shoot, natural light photos tend to come out much better in quality and color. And uniform, simple backgrounds also really help to keep the focus on your subject :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...