Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Lotion

This is the second of the Positively Nourishing Body Lotion from Aveeno. I already reviewed the first one, Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion.
Product Review: Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Lotion

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, or online at aveeno.com
Price: $5.99-$6.99 for 7 oz/ 198 g

Made in Canada

Description on the back: This luxurious body lotion with lavender and chamomile envelops your skin in lasting moisture while its relaxing scent soothes your senses.

Powered with ACTIVE NATURALS Colloidal Oatmeal, the natural ingredient most recommended by dermatologist to maintain healthy looking skin.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: Since I had such great experience with the Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion, I was hoping for the same. It did not let me down! The only thing I was not keen on was the scent. As time went on, I actually did not mind the scent. Don't get me wrong I still like the Energizing better, but the scent was fine after awhile. I cannot distinguish if lavender or chamomile was stronger. Since I'm not a floral person, I don't know my scents. :X
The consistency of the lotion is semi-thick. It looks thick in the picture, but it's a lot creamier than you think. When applying the lotion, it's smooth and melts in your skin. It kind of reminds me of The Body Shop Body Butter. I like that it's not extremely thick that it's hard to spread on your skin. If you have extremely dry skin, it will take couple usage before it moisturizes your skin. If you're semi-dry, I think this lotion is perfect!
One thing I like about the body lotion is that it comes in a tube! I like the concept knowing it's sanitary safe and the germs cannot go into the lotion. I also like that you can carry this tube around without worrying it will burst in your bag for example. I hate traveling and putting the products in a Zip Lock bag fearing it will burst. I don't have to do that with this lotion. The lid is very sturdy and it is impossible for it to open.

Pros:
* Aveeno; brand that uses natural ingredients.
* Comes in a tube; sanitary safe.
* Easy to carry.
* Lid does not easily open.
* No fear of it bursting.
* Creamy consistency.
* Semi-thick.
* Melts like butter.
* Moisturizes semi-dry skin.

Cons:
* Floral scent.

Would repurchase: Yes, but probably in the other scent.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Not only is Aveeno environmental friendly, they even help out individuals or organizations that is making a difference in this world.
"This year, the Aveeno Brand is launching the Be An Active Natural Fund to award more than $300,000 in grants to individuals and organizations that create positive change in this communities.

* Consumers can also enter to win one of eight $10,000 grans that will be awarded in 2012 by creating positive change in one of the following ways:
- INSPIRE - Inspiring others to see their natural and inner beauty
- EDUCATE - Educating about the values of an active and healthy lifestyle
- PRESERVE - Preserving, restoring and improving the local environment

* Go to the Aveeno facebook page (www.facebook.com/aveeno) for full program details to vote for the Active Natural who inspires you"

I thought I would pass this along for anyone who wants to enter, as well as, vote for your favorite that inspires you! :)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post are given to me to review. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Anna said...

yeah body lotion best in tubes, rather than tubs lol

xoxo elle

Janet said...

I love Aveeno too but wasn't able to try this lotion yet! thanks for the review!^_^~

Anonymous said...

Very interesting phrase

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, this very valuable message

Anonymous said...

You have showed great perseverance behind the blog. It's been enriched since the beginning. I love to share to with my friends. Carry on.

Ahleessa said...

Anonymous: Thank you all! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...