Monday, September 24, 2012

Aveeno Positively Ageless Skin Strengthening Body Cream

This is the third body lotion/cream from Aveeno that I received in one package. I already reviewed Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion (my favorite scent) and Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Lotion.
Product Review: Aveeno Positively Ageless Skin Strengthening Body Cream

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandisers, and online at aveeno.com
Price: $8.99-$9.99 for 7.3 oz / 207 g

Made in USA

Description on the back: As you age, the cumulative effects of external assaults can cause the skin's protective moisture barrier to break down, contributing to skin becoming thinner and more fragile over time. AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS Skin Strengthening Body Cream has been clinically shown to deeply moisturize for 24 hours. This formula with ACTIVE NATURALS Southernwood helps fortify the skin's moisture barrier, leaving it feeling stronger and more resilient. With regular use, the skin's moisture barrier can be improved over time, leaving skin healthier and younger looking.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: The first thing I noticed is that this is a body cream not a body lotion. The word cream tells me that this product is more thicker in consistency compared to lotions. It'll be great for dry skin, as well as, aging.

With most products, I always smell it. Scent is a big favor for my purposes. If a product smells bad, who wants it? I know I don't. I'm also not that great in distinguishing scents but to my nose, it's on the fruity side. I actually like it! The scent lasts for a certain amount of time. I would say around five minutes. Either my nose gets use to the scent and don't realized it or the scent isn't long lasting.
I love that the product comes in a tube. I don't have to dig my fingers into the container and leave some residue. I also like that dusk in the air does not go into the product. It's just sanitary safe!
Here's how the cream looks. To be honest, I was shocked about the consistency of the cream. I was expecting it to be thicker than the lotion. They were the same to me. If they're thicker, I did not notice. The product also felt the same as the lotion, as well as, the lasting time. I did not see any differences between all three. One thing I noticed is that the cream has mushroom extract. I actually had to research a little. Here's what Ganoderma Lucidum does...

"is an amazing beauty care fungi of anti-wrinkle, anti-inflammatory, stain removal, skin protection, hair glossing to maintain a young state."

I got this from http://www.superganoderma.com so I do not take full credit. Wow, mushroom extract is so intriguing! I want to try more products out with mushroom extract.

If you tried products with mushroom extract, what did you think about it?

I do have to admit it improved my skin, but then again any hydrating products help me out since I have dry skin to start with. I think it's more noticeable on people with aging body skin. Then again it's also good to start now to prevent aging skin. ;)

Pros:
* Aveeno; a brand that uses natural ingredients.
* Mushroom Extract; prevention of aging skin.
* Smells good.
* Comes in a tube; sanitary safe.
* Sturdy lid.
* Creamy texture; semi-thickness.
* Moisturizes dry skin.

Cons:
* Don't see expiration date.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...