Thursday, September 13, 2012

Stila Set & Illuminate Baked Powder Trio

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In July, I went to the Stila warehouse sale. I did a post on it. You can check out my haul if you like. I'm so glad I went because I got such a good deal! I thought they would only sell the discontinued products, but they actually sold products that are being sold. One of the products is the Stila Set & Illuminate Baked Powder Trio.

Product Review: Stila Set & Illuminate Baked Powder Trio

Where to purchase: Sephora, Ulta, and online at stilacosmetics.com
Price: $34 for 0.16 oz/ 4.5 g

Made in Italy

Description on the back: A new "twist" on setting powder, this 3-in-1 innovative baked powder brightens, highlights and warms the skin for a radiant complexion.

Benefits:
* light gold - highlights the skin
* pale pink - warms the complexion
* kitten - brightens and illuminates

Usage:
Twist the shaver in a clockwise motion to release powder. Using a Stila #24 blush brush, lightly press brush into shaved powder and tap off any excess. To brighten and illuminate the face, apply a light dusting to the cheeks, nose and the center of the face. For an all-over luminous look, sweep onto neck and decolletage or all over the body. Can be used alone or over your favorite Stila foundation.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I know this is going to sound foolish, but at least I'm honest! :X The reason I bought this is because it shaves the product. Not only does it shave, but it shaves three colors together. I thought it's pretty cool and it sold me.

Before I talk about the product, let's talk about the packaging.
It's a simple, round compact. Since the compact is shiny, it takes fingerprints especially after you apply lotion. On the pro side, you can wipe the fingerprints off with cloth. It's not permanent. I also think it's kind of bulky.
When you open the compact, it has a mirror which you can see from the first picture. It also has a clear shaver that you turn clockwise. If you look carefully at the picture, you should be able to see two arrows.
After you turn the shaver clockwise, it will shave the baked trio and will get finely milled powder. Isn't that cool!?!? Here's how the powder looks like.
Here's a swatch of the powder. It makes a great highlighter especially above your cheekbones.

Since the compact is so bulky, there's a lot of space inside between the shaver to the mirror. Whenever I open the compact, I notice powder everywhere. It can get messy. Then again you can just use a brush to clean the powder and apply it onto your skin.
Here's how it looks on me. I applied it on top of my blush, cheekbones. I also applied it on my nose and forehead, but my shininess from sweat (it was extremely hot this day) over powered the powder.

Now for what I thought about this product... I think it's cool to own. It also illuminates your face. If you're darker than myself, MAC foundation in NC30, I don't think it'll show up on you. I think this product is better for fair to medium skin tone. It gives off a glow but not overly noticeable. I like it's more on the natural side but not too natural that you do not notice it on you. I can't say if it lasted all day since I blotted my face like crazy these past couple of days from heat. It's insanely hot nowadays *sigh*! Even though I'm not 100% sure it last all day long, I can tell it's actually a decent product. In my opinion, it will last all day long if you have dry skin. If you're oily, I doubt it from my experience from sweat. I also like that the three colors are mixed to work together, warms and highlight at the same time.

Pros:
* Stila; a brand I trust.
* Simple packaging.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Three in one; warms, highlights, brightens and illuminates.
* Shaves the product.
* Finely milled powder, velvety finish.
* Vitamin E and jojoba oils.
* Hypo-allergenic.
* Paraben-free.
* Last all day if dry skin.

Cons:
* Bulky.
* Powder spreads inside the compact.
* Does not come in a variety.

Would repurchase: Yes, but I think it'll last me a long time.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Stila products reviewed/swatch:
Eyeshadow Trio
Bronze Glow


I haven't been posting my nail swatches, because I feel that it's hard to see at times. If you disagree and you want my nail swatches, please tell me and I will continue. I decided I will do nail of the week (NOTW) so you can see the nail polishes, as well as, how it applies on my nails.
This is OPI in Don't Melbourne The Toast. It's actually an old NOTW. I think a month ago. I also believe it's a discontinued color, but you can still purchase it on ebay and Amazon. I found it in the clearance bin. I find the color really pretty! The color is hard to describe, but there's finely milled glitters.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...