Thursday, September 19, 2013

ES 88 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Beach

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was lucky enough to receive a palette from KKCenterHK.

I choose Beach, an eyeshadow palette, from ES. I think ES is an Asian brand but I'm not 100% sure. I heard ES is a great brand!
Product Review: ES 88 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Beach

Where to purchase: kkcenterhk.com
Price: $18.12

Description from the website:
Make Up Set Extremely Portable.
100% New, Never Been Used.
Case Is Black (with 2 brushes and mirror).
88 Color Eyeshadow Make Up Blush Palette - Beach
Suitable For All Day & Night Make Up.
Size: 240 mm X 170 mm X 18 mm
Can Be Used Party Or Professional Make Up.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I received the product, I was extremely excited! I love my neutral palettes. It's just easy to wear in daily basis especially in the work atmosphere. Before I talk about the palette, let me tell you about the packaging.
It comes in a shiny, sleek, black case. I think it's very classic.
When you open the palette, the top has a mirror and it comes with two eyeshadow sponges. Please forgive me for the quality of the picture. I took this long time ago before my pictures got a little better.

Now for the eyeshadows...
Here's a closer look at one eyeshadow.
Here's a swatch of some of the colors. I didn't swatch all the colors because it's time consuming. If you want me to swatch them, please feel free to ask. The palette pretty much comes in three types of textures; shimmery, matte, and duo color tones. Those are the ones I swatched. The shimmery is on the left and it's the same eyeshadow from above. The middle is matte and the right is the duo color tone.

Here's some looks with the eyeshadow palette...
Look #1:
I applied a shimmery taupe on the lid and used a matte brown on the crease. I blended the colors and applied a shimmery, light pink in the center of the lid.
Here's another look in a different angle.
An overall look on me.

Look #2:
I used different color orange/copper to get the perfect color I was looking for on the lid. I blended the color with a brown on the crease.
Taken in another angle.
An overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... If you love neutral colors, this is a great palette. The colors range from off-white to dark brown. There's also some pop of colors like purple and burgundy. What more can you ask from a neutral palette!?!? In all honesty, this is like a lot of neutral palettes in one. You don't need to buy a lot. You can just get this and best of all, this is probably the price of one palette that most people get. Now let me get into more details of this palette. Each shadow is the size of a dime. If you're looking for bigger size eyeshadows, this isn't it. I personally like that the shadows are small. It takes forever to finish one shadow. With this, I feel like I can actually finish it. I don't know if it's just my palette, but I noticed the lighter colors hardly show up on my skin. Whereas, the medium to darker shadows are pigmented and shows up well. I also find the duo-tone fun and hip. I like the marbleized look! If you're expecting multiple colors from the duo-tone, the top is just layered on top of the true color.

Pros:
* Convenient, neutral palette.
* 88 colors to choose from.
* Comes with mirror and 2 sponge tip applicators.
* Eyeshadows are the size of a dime; feels like you can finish the shadows.
* Medium to darker shadows are opaque.
* Marbleized shadows are added fun to the palette.
* Comes in shimmery to matte shadows.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Cannot test out before purchasing.
* Some lighter colors don't show up on the skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

KKCenterHK was kind enough to give me a code, "Ahleessa4Realz," for my readers. You get 10% off any purchase. The coupon expires January 31, 2014. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

11 comments:

Karen Law said...

Great review Ahlesssa! I love the neutral eye look you did. That's too bad that most of the lighter shades don't show up but it's good that the darker colours do....I guess that's the trade off for such a huge palette at an affordable price.

YomiC said...

That look really nice! I would love to get one to create different looks !

http://www.gwiyomistyle.net

Erna Wijaya said...

Nice review ^_^
The colour is so pigment
You look so pretty dear ^_^

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! This is a great palette, and it's definitely worth it for less than $20.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. :)

Popblush said...

Wow, I am loving look #1 hun! The shimmery taupe blended with the matte brown is amazing. I love my neutrals too - loving my Canmake palette for everyday wear.

Popblush said...

You could also rub in the affordable US items that you have available such as Loreal, MAC, Clinique etc and I would be just as jealous =P

Ahleessa said...

I offered if you want anything here, feel free to ask... lol~ :P The saying is so true. We want what others have... hehe~

Popblush said...

I might take you up on that offer! We could do a swap! =)

Popblush said...

Cool~ I guess we want to try things that aren't readily available to us locally =)

Ahleessa said...

Is it expensive to get Korean products where you live?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...