Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Personal Tuesday: Aveeno Daily Challenge

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me, I am an ambassador. I am not getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For months, I've been thinking about doing Personal Tuesdays where you get to know who I am as a person. It could be my challenges, experiences, and something simple. The reason why it took such a long time to put it in writing is because I'm such a private person. Not only on the blog, in general. On the other hand I thought if I share, it might at least help one person or make someone know they're not alone. I hope?

When Aveeno, I am an ambassador, contacted me about the Daily Challenge, I didn't have to think twice.

"Spring is a great time to start fresh! So, to kick-off spring, we are challenging YOU to take the #AveenoDailyChallenge - for three weeks to a healthier and more beautiful you.

It's simple... 1) use AVEENO® Daily Moisturizing Lotion every day for three weeks 2) select and integrate one additional healthy habit of your choosing.

* Sleep more
* Eat healthier
* Drink more water
* De-stress/meditate/reflect/take time for myself
* Daily exercise"



I needed a push and this was the perfect timing. I'm always up for a challenge. In my personal opinion, I don't believe you need to better yourself the first day of the new year. I believe you can better yourself any day of the year as long as you are ready and willing. When I saw the list, my mouth dropped because I needed all of them. The best thing is to not overwhelm yourself and take baby steps. The one I choose is "Sleep more."

My sleep has been sporadic and just not right. I would wake up for work, take a short 15-20 minutes power nap during lunch, take another nap (about 2 hours) after dinner, and then I can't fall asleep until 3-4 in the morning. I've been doing this for months and it got to the point I started getting headaches. I knew I needed to change my sleeping habit, but at the same time, I needed a push. This challenge came at the perfect timing.

To prepare for my challenge, I cleaned my bed and changed comforter from winter to spring.
Before:
Yes, I'm not the most cleanest person in the world. :X I throw my clothes on the bottom corner until I have time to clean my room.
After:
Freshly made bed and you could see my file drawer on the bottom. I will take a picture of my bed in 3 weeks to see how it looks. It might be more of my curiosity. :X

Not only that, Aveeno sent me a 12 fl oz Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Lotion to use in daily basis. This will be a challenge in itself because I don't moisture my body in daily basis. They also sent a $100 gift card to purchase any items that might help with my selected healthy habit. As time goes on, I might buy something here and there like bath products to relax me before I head to bed. For now, it'll pay for my bills for all the cleaning I did this weekend. I don't what the future holds with this challenge, but isn't that the fun part!?!?

If you want to check out other ambassadors and their challenge, go to Aveeno's Facebook page.

If you want to take part on this challenge (you will not get the lotion and gift card) and you need a buddy system to follow-up, leave a comment. I honestly will follow-up every week for the next 3 weeks with whatever communication; blog, email, Facebook, and so on.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me, I am an ambassador. I am not getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Sachi said...

good to know I'm not the only one with a pile of clothes to put away! This sounds like a great challenge and I am excited to see how it goes for you ^__^

BlushandBarbells said...

Good luck! I hope your sleep works out.

Kim A. said...

You go girl! I love what you did to your bed. I need to do the same. You've inspired me! I'm going to get new linens, comforter and pillows. It's important to make your bedroom as relaxing as possible to get a good sleep. Great post!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Beautetude said...

I am also using this moisturizer right now. Great blog hun.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I tried to avoid my bed because it brought bad memories. I think that's why I piled clothes in a certain area. Now that it's clean, I've been thinking better thoughts about my bed.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Isn't the moisturizer amazing!?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...