Friday, September 26, 2014

J.Cat Beauty Twist and Kiss Lip Balm in Love Kiss

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to PHAMExpo this past June (2014), I received some products and bought some at J.Cat Beauty.
I got this from my Instagram. I purchased the bottom right three. For this post, I will focus on the pink lip balm I purchased.

Where to purchase: stores that sell J.Cat Beauty and online at jcatbeauty.com
Price: $4.99 for 0.14 oz/ 4 g

Made in P.R.C.

Description from the website: Keep your lips contionted and nourished with the Twist and Kiss Hydrating Lip Balm! Simply twist and kiss for unbeatable moisture, protection and color.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I've seen their brand for some time and for that reason, I wanted to purchase some items. I usually just purchase one but they had a special that day, 3 for $10 I believe. I could be wrong, but all I remember was purchasing 3 was a better deal than 1.
Here's a closer picture of the color and it's very true!
Here's a swatch of the lip balm on my hand.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it smells like vanilla. It's not noticeable while applying. I only noticed while sniffing the product. Secondly, I like that the packaging comes in a matching lip color. It's easy to distinguish them apart if you own more than one. I also like that it's retractable. I know some people are not a huge fan of sharpening pencils. Third, this has to be one of the most pigmented lip balms I have seen/own. It'll be great on all skin colors including darker skin tone. With that said, it goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. I also noticed it's hydrating. My lips felt soft and I did not notice any white residue building up in the middle of my lips. Lastly, it lasted all days until I ate or drank.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Retractable.
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Pigmented!
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Hydrates the lip.
* Lasts until I ate or drank.
* Lead free.
* Cruelty free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

5 comments:

Piper said...

I love the fullness of the lashes pictured in the first photo! This balm looks lovely on you, your lips are so beautiful, reminds me of a soft flower. ♥☺

Bijin Blair said...

Wow, that is one pigmented lip balm! The price is not bad but it's made in PRC? Revlon has similar-ish lip crayons right? Are they also made in PRC?

Ahleessa said...

I haven't tried the falsies yet but I am curious to play around with it. You're good to notice that... hehe~


Awww~ Thank you! I like the shape of my lips (do I sound conceited?) but I just wish it wasn't dry.

Piper said...

You are not conceited at all, there's nothing wrong with appreciating what God gave ya!! Woot woot! ♥

Ahleessa said...

Awww~ You're always so nice! Thanks. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...