Thursday, November 13, 2014

Azara Organics Seaweed Facial Mask & Body Wrap

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

I am fortunate to work with Azara Organics from Amazon.

Product Review: Azara Organics Organic Seaweed Facial Mask & Body Wrap

Where to purchase: online at azaraorganics.com and amazon.com
Price: $17.95 for 8 oz

Description from the press kit:
The Ancient Secret to Silky Smooth Skin

For centuries Northern European and Asian cultures have used the rejuvenating power of seaweed to achieve soft and supple skin, reduce inflammation, and detoxify the body.

The Magic of Seaweed

The first time you try our Seaweed Powder in a facial mask or body wrap you will be transported to the sea. Marvel at the feeling of calm that comes over you as the nutrient loaded seaweed satisfies and cleanses your malnourished skin. Experience an overall sense of well being as the unique mineral properties flush out the toxins leaving your skin smooth and youthful.

A Chemical-Fred Solution to Healthy Skin

The skin-care business can be a frustrating industry to work in. Millions of dollars are spent creating and advertising miracle cures that only leave our skin in worse shape and are even harmful to our health.

Here at Azara Organics we have a simple rule for any product we create or use. If we don't feel safe and comfortable ingesting it into our body then it does not belong on our skin.

The Finest Quality Seaweed Money Can Buy

Our Organic Seaweed Powder (Ascophyllum Nodosum) is wild harvested from the clean cold ocean water of the North Atlantic. We constantly test it to the insure its quality and consistency. We are happy to share the lab results for those who are interested.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the full size.
Thoughts: For the longest time, I've been using sheet masks. They seem to hydrate my skin but other than that, I don't see any other results. So for the last couple of months, I've been curious about masks that you need to wash off. For that reason, I was extremely interested in this product.
Here's how the powder looks in the tub.
Here's a closer look at the powder.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a strong scent. It definitely smells like seaweed. I love eating seaweed but I'm not too sure about the strong scent. I smelled it the whole time while I had it on. Thankfully, it only lasts while it's on. Secondly, they recommend you mix 1 teaspoon powder with 2 teaspoons water. The consistency is medium to thick. It goes on easily and my face looked green. I should had taken a picture but I forgot. I'm a little lazy to do a mask at the moment and upload it onto this post. :X While the mask is on, I could feel tightness towards the end. Since there's tightness and the mask dry really well, it takes some effort to wash off. Once I removed the mask, that's where I noticed a difference. My face looked more glowy than usual and youthful. I noticed tightness of my pores on my nose and cheeks. I also noticed less wrinkles. It lasted for a day but with that, my skin felt drier than normal. I needed extra moisturizer for a day to not feel dryness. I highly recommend this mask for normal to oily skin individuals. For dry skin like myself, I say still use it but once a week. It can be too much for twice.

Pros:
* Organic.
* Easy to mix.
* Medium to thick consistency.
* Great for face and body.
* Easy to apply.
* Good for normal to oily skin.
* Decreases/tighten pores.
* Skin looks more glowy.
* Less wrinkle.
* Look youthful.

Cons:
* Can only be purchased online.
* Strong scent.
* Dried my skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...