Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine in Florence, Fierce Foil Collection

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last week when I went to CVS, I saw the newest displays from Milani.
I picked up the rose matte blushes that came out several months ago. You don't have to run out and get them right away. They're part of their permanent collection. I picked up all three colors. I also picked up one of their eyeshadows from the Fierce Foil Collection. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow.
Product Review: Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine in #03 Florence (Fierce Foil Collection)

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandisers, and online at milanicosmetics.com
Price: $9.99 for 0.14 oz/ 4 g

Made in USA

Description on the packaging:
Let your light shine!

Ground-breaking gloss technology formulated especially for your eyes. Instantly create sexy and glamorous looks inspired by the runways of Milan. Use one shade or more depending on the look you want.
Thoughts: When I first saw the palettes on Instagram, I was extremely stoke about these. They look gorgeous, shiny, and fun. So when I saw them at CVS, I knew I had to get one. There are four palettes from this collection; neutral brown, copper/bronze, purple, and blue. I usually go for neutral brown but for some reason, I decided on copper/bronze.
Here's a closer picture of one of the eyeshadows, bottom right. They look like eyeshadows but they're more so on the cream side.
Here's a swatch of the cream eyeshadows from top to bottom, left to right. The cream shadows are all very shiny and glittery.
The palettes come with an unique applicator. I usually don't use them but with these palettes, you actually need them.

Now for two looks I did with this palette...
Look #1:
I have the bottom left on the inner lid and bottom right on the outer lid. I actually applied them on top of eye primer (UDPP), cream base (MAC in Painterly), and eyeshadows.
Here's an overall look.

Look #2:
I have top left on the lid and top right on the outer v. I applied the eyeshadows on top of eye primer (UDPP) and cream base (MAC in Painterly).
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is really cute. Since the color is gold, it looks classic and well-made. It doesn't even grab fingerprints which is a big plus for me. I also think the applicator is useful. I actually apply the cream shadows with my finger and then use the applicator to reach hard to apply places. Since the sides of the weird shape applicator is thin, it's easier to blend the outer edges and touch up areas the finger cannot do. Secondly, they are easy to apply. It goes on smoothly with both fingers and the applicator. If you do use an eyeshadow sponge and/or brush, you will have more a difficulty with the application. They just don't apply very well. They also blend well together. There really isn't an issue with the application. Lastly, I decided to test them out on different textures. If you apply onto bare skin, that's where you will get clumps. Then I tested it out on two types of base, cream and dry shadows. It actually goes on smoothly with both base. It doesn't matter which base you use. This is where I had issues. Since they're cream shadows, I noticed a lot of creasing on me. With the cream base, I noticed creasing within 30 minutes even with eye primer. With dry base, eyeshadows, it started creasing around second hour. With both, I just didn't like the separation of shadows in my fold. For this reason, I'm not a big fan.

Pros:
* Classic looking packaging.
* Useful applicator.
* Eyeshadows are shiny, metallic, and sparkly.
* Easy to apply with fingers and applicator.
* Blends easily.
* Best applied on top of a base.

Cons:
* There isn't much product for each shadows.
* Highly do not recommend eyeshadow sponge and brush.
* Clumps on base skin.
* Major creasing!

Would repurchase: No!
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...