Wednesday, March 25, 2015

L'Oreal Colour Riche La Palette in Nude 2

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weeks ago when I went to Target, I saw one of the L'Oreal La Palette. I was so stoke that I just picked it up without thinking.

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $15.99 at Target for 0.62 oz/ 17.5 g

Made in USA

Description from the website: Inspired by makeup designers 'Must Have' palettes, the La Palette Nude offers everything you need to master the art of nude eyeshadow. Makeup Designer Nude looks curated exclusively for each palette with step by step instructions and live tutorials. 10 highly pigmented shades range from light to dark to flatter every skin tone in 3 shadow finishes: shimmery satin, buttery matte & lustrous sheen.

Eye-designer brush & mirror for effortless application.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When it comes to nude eyeshadow palettes, I'm a huge fan. I own all the Urban Decay Naked palettes (Urban Decay Naked3). I even own the Maybelline The Nudes. So when I saw L'Oreal, I knew it'll fit right at home. If I had a choice, I'll probably choose Nude 1 since it's more on the neutral brown. Unfortunately, they only had Nude 2. I still picked it up. :X
Here's how the palette looks open. It comes with a mirror. You can see my camera in the mirror.
It comes with 10 eyeshadows ranging from light pink to dark purple.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadows.
It comes with one long applicator.
Here's a closer look at one end of the applicator; brush.
Here's the other end of the applicator; sponge.

Now for the swatches...
The first three from the left.
The next three from the left.
The last four on the right.

Looks I did with the palette...
Look #1:
I used the first eyeshadow on the left on the lid. I didn't like the color too much so I added the second eyeshadow from the left on the lid. With the third color from the left I blended the crease. With the fourth eyeshadow from the left on the outer v and crease.
Here's an overall look.

Look #2:
The third eyeshadow from the right on the lid and fifth eyeshadow from the left on the crease and outer v.
Here's an overall look.

Look #3:
Fourth eyeshadow from the right on the lid, and blended the crease with third eyeshadow from the right.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the length of the palette is a little bit smaller than Urban Decay Naked palettes and a little bit wider. It's also a little bit smaller height-wise. With that said, you get more for each eyeshadows. On the other hand, UD Naked palettes comes with 12 eyeshadows while you get 10 for L'Oreal La Palette. Compared to all UD Naked palettes, this is closet to Naked3. Naked3 is more on the rosy side, whereas, this is more on the purple side. Secondly, the palette is travel-friendly. I cannot see the eyeshadows cracking unless you drop it. With that said, I noticed scratches and fingerprints on the palette. Third when I swatched the eyeshadows, it was extremely powdery. After using the palette, it's not as powdery as I expected. It depends on how you use the eyeshadows. If you're rough, it'll be powdery. With that said, some eyeshadows are more pigmented than others. Since I'm on the paler side, I can build up the colors. If you're on the dark side, it might not show up. Also, I was hoping for shimmery eyeshadows but most are on the matte to sheen. There's definitely no metallic looking eyeshadows in this palette. Lastly, it lasted all day on me without creasing. Even though the quality isn't bad. Personally, I cannot see myself reach for this much. I tend to go for neutral browns than browns with purple tint.

Pros:
* L'Oreal; a brand I trust.
* Travel-friendly.
* Not powdery.
* Some are pigmented.
* Versatile consistency; matte to sheen.
* Easy to apply.
* Goes on easily.
* Long lasting.
* Does not crease.

Cons:
* Scratches and fingerprints on the palette.
* Some are not pigmented.
* No metallic eyeshadows.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

5 comments:

LauraLeia said...

That's a really big palette from L'Oreal! I think I'd still get the Naked3 though, since you mentioned that it's quite powdery, and the shades don't seem to call out to me as much, haha! Thank you for the review, you're really fast at posting these up. XD

Stavroula DrugstoreBLover said...

Too bad it doesn't contain any metallic eyeshadows, I think a variety in finishes is a good thing in eyeshadow palettes! I've heard from Tati (GlamLifeGuru) on youtube too that these last well, so maybe I would look into Nude 1! x

Ahleessa said...

I've been on debate about Nude 1. I can see myself using that more. Did you get it?

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Even though they're slight powdery while swatching, it's still worth it. I'm in debate over Nude 1... lol~ :X

Ahleessa said...

I don't feel fast... hehe~ :/ I've been struggling with blogging. Even though it's powdery while swatching, I think it's worth it. I'm on debate over Nude 1. :X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...