Friday, July 24, 2015

NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft-Spoken

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

The last weekend of May (2015), I went to Generation Beauty. It's my second time going and both times NYX Cosmetics was there. We were fortunate to receive some of their new Liquid Suede Lip Products that came out this week.

I ended up getting the bottom two, and my friend gave me hers (top one). For this post, I will review the bottom one.
Product Review: NYX Liquid Suede in #LSCL04 Soft-Spoken

Where to purchase: ULTA, CVS, Target, and online at nyxcosmetics.com
Price: $7 for 0.13 fl oz/ 4 mL

Made in P.R.C.

Description from the website: Doll up your lips in plush and vibrant color! Our Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick glides on and sets into a striking matte finish. Velvety soft and waterproof, this long-lasting lippie creates a positively polished look with every swipe.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Petrolatum, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnauba, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phytosterols, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360).
Thoughts: The first time I saw this I fell in love with the color. It's a perfect fall color!
Here's a closer look at the container, and it's true to the color of the lip product.
Here's a closer look at the applicator. It's flat on both sides and it looks exactly like every other matte cream lipsticks.
Here's a swatch of Soft-Spoken on my hand.
Here's how Soft-Spoken looks on me. This is after it dried matte.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it smells like every other matte cream lip products but not as strong. The smell is definitely light and hardly noticeable while applying. That's a huge plus for me! Secondly and just like matte cream lip products, it goes on liquidity. It doesn't tug on the lips and it spreads easily. You do have to be careful around the edges so it doesn't pass the outline of your lips. With that said, this is opaque. You don't need much for the color to show up on the lips. I didn't apply much on mine. I didn't want it to be very brown especially during this summer weather. I think of summer as light or on the other side, bright. In my opinion, this is great for fall to winter weather. Third, I wouldn't say it's one of those matte lip creams that dries and doesn't rub off. It does dry matte in the sense it's not glossy. It looks creamy and smooth. I can understand why they say velvety and named it liquid suede. With that said, I'm not 100% sure if it's waterproof but I can see it being one. On the other hand, is being waterproof important? I would think it's more important that it doesn't rub off but that's just me. Lastly, it does come off but not as much as typical lip products. It lasted until I ate. Most of the colors that came off were at the center of the lips. The outline was there the whole day. I do have to say it's long lasting and I did have to re-touch after I ate especially the center of my lips.

Pros:
* Variety of colors.
* Comes in unique colors.
* Travel-friendly.
* Packaging matches the shade of the lip product.
* Flat applicator; don't need to re-scoop.
* No noticeable scent.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Opaque.
* Dries matte; velvety smooth.
* Not sticky.
* Long lasting; lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Can slightly see the fine lines on the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NYX products reviewed/swatch:
Butter Lipstick
Fun Size
Pops
Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Sachi said...

great color on you! I am excited to try these. I love their other matte lippie soooo of course I need to try these too

Piper said...

You're lips are so beautiful...I don't see fine lines! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...