Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in HD Seduction

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I first saw the HD Matte Lipcolors from Revlon, I knew I had to buy at least one. It was sold out for weeks until my CVS started carrying them.

From the website, it looks like there are 8 different colors from this line. I only saw 6 from this display.
I purchased two. For this post, I will review the one on the bottom.
Product Review: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in #630 HD Seduction

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at revlon.com
Price: $10.49 for 0.2 fl oz/ 5.9 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Lightweight, high definition velvety matte color. Moisturizing, velvety feel. 100% wax-free, gel formula.

* Creamy mango and whipped vanilla fragrance
* Plush velvety applicator
* 8 high definition shades
Thoughts: I chose the two lightest shades.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's true to color!
Here's a closer look at the applicator. It's hard to tell but it's flat on both sides. It's also thick near the wand and gets thinner at the tip of the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip product on my hand.
Here's how HD Seduction looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a strong scent. It definitely smells like vanilla and it lingers for some time. If you're sensitive to smell, this might not be for you. I actually don't mind and after several minutes, the smell becomes less and then I don't notice it anymore. Secondly, the consistency is on the creamy side. It glides and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's extremely easy to apply and it goes on semi-shiny. Once it become less shiny and more matte-like look, it's creamy on the lips and does not fall in-between the lines. Third, I know a lot of people think this is liquid lipstick. It's the biggest trend where the lip color goes on glossy and dries matte, as well as, it doesn't rub off the lips. This is a typical matte lip color not a liquid lipstick. Please don't get these confused and compare to each other. With that said, this is a pretty matte lip color. Fourth since I chose one of the lightest shade, it's pretty opaque considering the color. I wouldn't say the color is unique but it is gorgeous, and great for everyday wear. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank.

Pros:
* Cute, unique packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Interesting applicator.
* Creamy consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Semi-shiny and dries matte.
* Gorgeous, everyday color.
* Does not fall in-between the lines.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Strong smell.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Revlon lip products reviewed/swatched:
ColorBurst Matte Balm
ColorStay Moisture Stain
ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Super Lustrous Lip Gloss
Ultra HD Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...