Monday, February 22, 2016

Manicure Monday: L.A. Girl 3D Effects in Sparkle Ruby

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.

Please don't forget to enter Stilazzi Eyeshadows and Blush Refills Giveaway. It ends March 8, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


Honestly, I cannot remember what year I bought this from PHAMExpo. It was either 2014 or 2015. I would like to think it's 2014, but I could be wrong. I bought two 3D Effects from L.A. Girl. I will review one of the two I bought.

This is L.A. Girl in Sparkle Ruby. Since I did a thorough review of L.A. Girl ColorPop in Lovely, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the polish. The website describes these 3D Effects as "3D Effects Hologram nail polish is made up of tiny holographic particles that create a spectacular 3D effect when applied to nails. Complemented by the vibrant colors available in this collection, these iridescent specks glisten and gleam, giving nails a brilliant holographic look." I definitely agree with the description!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's thinner. I would say it's on the thin side. The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of L.A. Girl in Sparkle Ruby, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I did find the brush hard to paint around the cuticles. If you're experienced, this will be easy. Not matter how many years I have been polishing my nails, I just don't get better. Secondly, the consistency is medium. It's not too thick and not too thin, I find it a great consistency where I can take my time painting each nails. It went on smoothly, and there was no streaking and bubbles. Third, the sparkles are all over the bottle. It doesn't fall to the bottom and you don't have to search for them. You get a perfect amount of sparkles each application. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's a great winter color and I love the holographic! Lastly, it lasted four days before I noticed chipping at the tips. At this time it was slight chipping but it was noticeable. Around the fifth day, the chip became bigger and grew until I removed it.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L.A. Girl products reviewed/swatch:
ColorPop
Lovely
Matte Pigment Gloss
Dreamy

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...