Monday, February 13, 2017

Manicure Monday: OPI in Look at My Bow!, Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm a fan of Hello Kitty so when a collection comes out, I need to grab at least one. For that reason, I was excited about the Hello Kitty by OPI Collection. I grabbed several from OPI.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed OPI in Super Cute in Pink (third from the left), OPI in Spoken from the Heart (fifth from the left), and OPI in Small + Cute = Heart (second from left). For this post, I will review the first one from the left.
This is OPI in Look at My Bow! Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that. Unfortunately, it's not on the website anymore.
Here's a closer look at the color and I have to say it's a little bit darker in person.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This is my favorite brush for the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of OPI in Look at My Bow!, and then topped it with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the brush. It's wide enough to paint quickly and move onto the next nail. I did have some difficulties painting around the cuticles and sides. It wasn't because of the brush but more so the consistency. Secondly, I love the bottle. It's easy to grab with my left hand while painting with my right. Plus, it doesn't hurt that it has Hello Kitty on the top. It's like cherry on top. It adds a special touch to the packaging. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. Since it's slightly thick, it got a little lumpy as I kept painting my nails. For that reason, I had to paint quickly especially the second layer. From the thickness, it made it difficult to paint around the cuticles and sides. Then again, this could possibly just be me. I'm not the best when it comes to painting nails. With that said, it went on a little lumpy but it was fixable with the top coat. It smoothed it out. There were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. I never was a pink person until couple of years ago. Now I look forward to it which is odd. Maybe it has to do with age. It's a great all year round color but I prefer for spring/summer season. Even though it's still consider winter, I've been wanting spring/summer colors on my nails. With that said, the color is not unique. You can find this color in every brand. Lastly, I didn't see any shrinkage whatsoever. I did see slight chipping on the fifth day. Usually, most of the chipping happens as the tips but this chipped everywhere. I saw slight chipping on the tips and around the cuticles.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws




Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Brazil Collection 2014
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...