Friday, May 26, 2017

it Brushes for ULTA Your Beautiful Basics Airbrush 101

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with it Cosmetics.

I took this picture from my Instagram. They were kind enough to send these products. For this post, I will review the brushes set on the left.
Product Review: it Brushes for ULTA Your Beautiful Basics Airbrush 101

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at ulta.com
Price: $58 for 5-Piece

Description from the website: Only at ULTA!

Every woman needs the basic brushes in her makeup bag. Airbrush 101 is how you get started with brushes! IT's where you start! Blend, blur, buff and perfect for a flawless airbrushed finish.

A $130 value!

Includes:
* Airbrush Powder: Versatile use, dome-shaped head
* Airbrush Foundation: Fluffy, rounded brush great for applying foundation
* Airbrush Concealer: Fluffy, rounded brush head
* Airbrush Shadow: Small, soft rounded head designed for the delicate eye area
* Airbrush Crease: Narrow, tapered head designed to fit into the crease of the eye area
Thoughts: When I posted the first picture on Instagram, most people commented on the brush set. The comments were all positive. It got me curious to test these babies out.
Before I review the brushes, let me show you the case. This is the front. It's hard to see but there's a ribbon in the middle of the front of the case.
I took this picture from the ULTA website. They show the ribbon a lot better than my camera could capture. It also shows the it Brushes for ULTA on the bottom right. Again, I couldn't capture it on camera.
Here's the back of the case. It has the same ribbon just straight across the middle.
Here's a closer look at the zipper.
Here's a closer look inside the case. On one side, there's a side pocket. The other side is where you can put the brushes.
Here's a closer look at the five brushes.
Here's a closer look at the powder brush. It's described as "apply powders, blushes and bronzers onto your face using circular motions." I actually used it as powder but I can also see it being used as a blush brush. I'm not too sure about using it in a circular motion. I used it more as a patting brush.
Here's a closer look at the foundation brush. It's described as "buff liquid, cream and powder foundations onto the center of your face, then blend outward." I used the brush to highlight on the tops of my cheeks, nose, cupid's bow, and so on.
Here's a closer look at the concealer brush. It's described as "dot concealer onto targeted areas and blend in small, circular motions." I used it as an eyeshadow brush to blend the shadow on my crease.
Here's a closer look at the shadow brush. It's described as "pat shadow directly onto your lid and blend using sweeping motions." I actually used it as a shadow brush and it works really well.
Here's a closer look at the crease brush. It's described as "use windshield-wiper motions to blend darker shadow into your crease." I used it as a crease brush and it's really good for small, Asian eyes like mine.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the case is gorgeous. I love that it's black. It's simple and doesn't stand out. Not only that, the added ribbon makes it adorable. This will be great for makeup artists. I noticed all their bags, cosmetic cases, belts, and so on are all black. This will fit right in. It'll also be great for everyone else that aren't makeup artists as well. It's also very sturdy and well-made. It's sewn well and there are no loose thread anywhere. The material inside and outside are both water-resistant. They're different materials but both of them are sleek. They remind me of raincoat materials. Of course, I'm not 100% sure since I didn't test it with water. I'm just basing on my knowledge of sewing that I learned through my parents (mom was seamstress). I did notice finger marks on the outside of the case. It's not that noticeable until light reflects on it. Now for the inside, I like that it has pocket on the left side that you can put stuff in while you carry the brushes on the right. You can put anything from brushes to makeup. It is all up to the individual. It's a great travel case. You can take it on vacation or even in daily basis for quick touch-up. Personally for me I will only use the case when I travel which is very rare. I hardly travel much but I would love to do it more. Even though I will hardly use the case, I use the brushes in everyday basis. It's that good! With that said and secondly, now I can see why people are fans of it Cosmetics brushes. They are well-made, sturdy, and up there with high-end brands. When I first saw the brushes, the first thing that came to mind is how gorgeous it is. It has a sleek, shiny silver handle and the hair. It's my type of brush hair. I tend to like multiple color hair or color that isn't in the normal range like purple. Initially, that's what I'm attracted too. It's the first thing I see and it needs to grab my attention. Then I look at the inside which in this case is the quality. Third, the cleaning process was easy and quicker than most of the brushes I own. It lathered quickly. I'm not too sure if it's because the brushes are so soft. It also did not bleed and there was no loose hair anywhere. This was the part I was impressed. I cleaned my brushes the night before and the next morning, they were all dried even the big ones. The big brushes I own takes 24 hours. This dried less than 24 hours. Fourth, it's extremely versatile brushes. They give an instruction on the brushes and what is can be used for. To be honest, most of the brushes I didn't even follow the instruction. I used it for what I thought it'll be good for. For example the powder brush. I found it more pointy at the tip and didn't think it'll make a good circular motion. Since I have dry skin, I try not to powder my whole face or it looks bad. I powder on top of where I applied concealer only to set it in place, as well as, prepping my eyes before I apply eye makeup (to get rid of the oil). I used one side of the powder brush to pat the powder on top of the concealer. Then I use the other side of the same brush and pat blush on the cheeks. Not only that, it's good for both cream and powder. I used the foundation brush to apply cream highlighter on the top of my cheeks, bridge and tip of the nose, cupid's bow, and so on. It went on smoothly and my face glowed. These brushes are good for any consistency of the product. Lastly, I can understand why so many people commented they love it Cosmetics brushes. Now I'm a fan!

Pros:
* Gorgeous black case.
* Ribbon is adorable.
* Sturdy, well-made case.
* Pocket on the left side to carry other things.
* Great travel case.
* Gorgeous outer appearance of the brushes; sleek, shiny silver handle and multiple color hair.
* Lathers quickly while cleaning.
* Did not bleed and there were no loose hairs while cleaning.
* Brushes dry quickly.
* Versatile brushes.
* Good with cream, liquid, and powder consistency.

Cons:
* Finger marks on the case when light reflects on it.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...