Sunday, April 8, 2012

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion

Please don't forget to enter my $100 Gift Certificate to Shopbop. It ends April 8, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


Sorry I have not blogged in awhile! I've been away the last two weekends which made it tough to blogged. Now I'm back and I will try my best to blog more often. :)

I've been using a mixture of many Aveeno body lotions the last several months. I think it's time to review one of them.
Product Review: Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandisers, or online at aveeno.com
Price: $5.99-6.99 for 7 oz/ 198 g

Made in Canada

Description on the back: This luxurious body lotion with grapefruit and pomegranate envelops your skin in lasting moisture, while the energizing citrus scent invigorates your sense.

Powered with ACTIVE NATURALS Colloidal Oatmeal, the natural ingredient moist recommended by dermatologist to maintain healthy looking skin.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: Out of the three body lotion I received, I was most excited to try this one because it was a fruity scent! If you don't know me, I tend to go for fruity smell over any other smell like floral. It just smells better or at least to me. :) With this lotion, I smell grapefruit more so than the pomegranate. I hardly smell pomegranate. It has a very sour smell to this lotion. I tend to not like sour taste, but the smell isn't bad at all. I actually like the sour scent! I also agree with the description "the energizing citrus scent invigorates your senses." You can definitely smell the lotion while you're putting it on. I think it's best while you're putting it on after your shower especially in the morning. :)
The consistency of the lotion looks thick, but it's actually a lot more creamier than I thought. If you have really and I mean really dry skin, it'll take couple usage before it moisturizes your skin. If you have semi-dry skin, then this lotion is great! When I first used this lotion, I had really dried skin. The first usage it helped, but I felt some dryness. The second usage my skin was on top shape. This lotion is best after the winter weather to spring weather.
I also like the packaging of the lotion. It makes it easier to carry with you. It came in handy during my weekends out of town! I did not have to worry about it exploding in my baggage.

Pros:
* Aveeno; a brand that uses natural ingredients.
* Convenient to carry.
* Comes in a squeezable tube.
* Lid does not easily flip open.
* Dominant scent is grapefruit.
* Scent invigorates your senses.
* Creamier consistency; semi-thickness.
* Moisturizes semi-dry skin.

Cons:
* Cannot smell pomegranate.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Thank you Aveeno! :)

Just in case you do not know, I am an Aveeno ambassador. I will still be honest with my reviews!!! :)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post are given to me to review. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Haven't tried this lotion but I love Aveeno's product such as their shampoo. Aveeno's a great brand indeed! Thanks for the review..=)

Unknown said...

just picked up last night and this stuff really is awesome and the smell is great! thanks for the review without it i would have just gone for the regular ol' aveeno(which i still love dont get me wrong) instead of trying this!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Ooh...when did Aveeno come out with this? I'm still using the original one. Haha! ;P I love citrus scents. This sounds like a fun lotion to use! Welcome back :D

Ahleessa said...

Ashley: Glad to hear you like the lotion. I love it too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I am Hempel Schorn. Your blog is really Smart, helps greatly! Enjoy stay here.
runescape gold

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...