Sunday, April 22, 2012

CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara in Very Black

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Beginning of this year, I was one of the fortunate few who won a CoverGirl prize pack from CVS Beauty Club on twitter. You should check out their twitter page. They have giveaways now and then. :)

I won CoverGirl lip product, mascara, and eyeliner. I will review the mascara.

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online
Price: $7.99 for 13.1 mL/ 0.44 fl oz

Made in USA

Description on the back: Bold, intense volume meets the biggest brush EVER from CoverGirl, for a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast 24HR gives you bold, look at me lashes that will keep you getting noticed for up to 24 hours.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I'm a big fan of CoverGirl LashBlast mascaras. I've always had good experience with these mascaras. I reviewed LashBlast Fusion and LashBlast Luxe. So when I received this mascara, I was pretty excited. As soon as I finished my previous mascara, without thinking I wanted to use this one!
Here's the packaging of the mascara. It fits with the LashBlast theme, the shape.
Here's how it looks in natural light. The only thing I did not understand is why is the top half matte, whereas, the rest is shiny. :/ I would have thought the whole packaging would be one texture.
Here's the wand before I put in the mascara. It has different lengths and width of the brush.

Now that I've been trying it for couple of months, I think it fits well with the LashBlast theme. For a non-waterproof mascara, it holds my lashes well. Having Asian lashes, most mascaras would not hold my straight lashes even after I curl it. This holds my lashes which is a big plus to start with! :)

Since it's not waterproof, it does smudge especially on the bottom lashes. My bottom lashes tend to be more watery than my top lashes. For that reason, I can see smudging on the bottom lashes. I also noticed if my lashes take a lot of gunk from the wand it would stain my contacts. I already ruined one contacts from this mascara. That's a big no no! :( Then again I cannot blame on the mascara. It can be how I apply the mascara on my lashes. It only happened in the beginning of usage. Ever since that experience, I haven't ruined my contacts again *knock on wood*.

If you looking for lengthening, this definitely is not. Volumizing is another story. The mascara makes your lashes more bolder and darker. I really like that concept since I don't have many lashes to begin with. It helps my lashes look more fuller, and just plain nice! :)
I don't know if you can see it but my lashes are curled especially in the middle.
My lashes look thicker and bolder in this picture.

I know these aren't the best pictures, but it's the best out of all the ones I took *sigh*. :X

Pros:
* CoverGirl; they tend to have great mascaras.
* Thick wand; quick to apply.
* Different length & width of the wand; can maneuver.
* Holds curls.
* Gives volume.

Cons:
* Not waterproof.
* It smudges.
* Thick wand; hard to apply certain areas.
* Does not lengthen.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating: 3/5 Tobey's Paws


Adore Me recently contacted me and told me they're having a giveaway on their blog. How exciting is that!!! :) The giveaway ends this coming Friday, April 27th and the winner gets to choose anything she/ he (if you're getting for your girlfriend or yourself) wants. I thought I would pass along to my readers.


Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

ainae said...

Awww i love cover girl mascara but its in orange package :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...