Sunday, July 1, 2012

Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester, & DMAE Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This time from Reviva Labs I'm going to review their cream. I already reviewed Reviva Labs Stem Cell Booster Serum and Reviva Labs Makeup Primer. I've had great experiences with both products! I honestly suggest you read my reviews, as well as, try their products. I went from not even knowing this brand to loving them! Now for my review...

Where to purchase: Ulta and revivalabs.com
Price: $23 for 0.2 oz/ 55 g

Made in USA

Description on the back: Contains the powerful antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin C Ester, also features DMAE for firming action, this multifaceted formula helps tighten, firm and tone facial skin, as it fights future signs of aging. All 3 key ingredients are blended into a special soy liposome for deeper absorption.

A dramatic nutrient complex, this formula helps skin look younger and helps protect against future skin damage.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: Honestly, I was pretty stoked to review more products from Reviva Labs. The first product I received, the serum, was great! I'm still using it at this moment, but I'm almost to the last drop. :( The serum has improved my skin texture, as well as, made me look more vibrant. The second product I tried was the makeup primer. I'm not the biggest fan of silicon primers. I feel like they just lay on top of your skin but does not make a big difference when you apply makeup. The makeup primer from Reviva Labs is different. They actually cover up my huge pores on my nose! Since I had such great experiences, I was scared I would get disappointed. Let me tell you I did not! :)

First of all, let's start with the packaging. It's in a simple, plastic container. Nothing special but it's not what's on the outside, but the inside. One thing I love about Reviva Labs is that it always has the expiration date! Since I own so many products, I never know what the expiration dates are. I have to look carefully and thoroughly. If I'm lucky, I sometimes find it. I don't have to worry about that with Reviva Labs!
Here's a picture of the back of the box.
Not only do they have it on the box, it's also on the container! If anyone is like me, I don't keep any boxes around. I just feel like they hold up space. Here's a picture of the bottom of the container.

Secondly, there is no scent whatsoever. If you allergic or particular about scent, you do not have to worry about it.
The texture of the cream is gel-like without the stickiness. It kind of reminds me of a makeup primer. You only need a little amount and it spreads all over the face. Since you only need a little amount, this cream will last you a long time. I've been using this for a month or two, and I hardly made a dent in the cream. Not only do you need a little amount of product, it's hydrating and sinks into the skin like butter. After a minute or two, you don't even feel like you're wearing anything at all. It feels like natural skin, but hydrated!

Lastly, I love the result I've been getting. My skin has been hydrated, vibrant, and just looks good. My friend who I haven't seen since Christmas told me my skin has improved. That's pretty amazing since I never had any issue with my facial skin. Body-wise is a different story. She noticed my freckles has decreased. It can be a combination of many products since Christmas, but whatever it is, I'm happy! :)

Pros:
* Has alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C ester; to fight free radicals and future aging skin.
* Has allantoin and aloe vera; to soothe and calm stressed skin.
* Has no scent.
* Feels gel-like.
* Hydrates and sink into skin.
* Will last a long time.
* Has expiration date both on the box and container.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Comes in a tub; not the most sanitary safe.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Reviva Labs products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

5 comments:

KaT09 said...

Nice reviews as always. I do wish it came in a different contain.

ShinyPrettyThings said...

it's nice that the exp date is printed so clearly. glad it works so well for you. it's so hard to find a good moisturizer.

Anonymous said...

Ah I've never heard of the brand before but it's great that the products are working so well for you! It's always nice to discover new products. =)

Shop N' Chomp said...

This sounds like a great product and I love that you got compliments from it!

(Yeah, I suck at finishing cosmetics too...haha ;)

Anonymous said...

I too have used this same cream, and their night cream as well, and I love, love, love it!! Excellent for cell turnover and renewal. You can buy their products from most GNC health food stores.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...