Thursday, July 5, 2012

YoungBlood Luminous Creme Blush


Happy belated Fourth of July!!! I hope you had a great one. One that was restful, but full of fire. :)


At the Blogger Preview Event for The Makeup Show, I received some products of YoungBlood Cosmetics.
They came in a cute, small black bag. I received a lipstick which I will review later, and a cream blush. I'm going to review the blush...
Product Review: YoungBlood Luminous Creme Blush in Taffeta

Where to purchase: studios that sell YoungBlood and online at ybskin.com
Price: $27 for 0.21 oz/ 6 g

Made in USA

Description on the back: This oil-free cream-textured blush combines a shimmering glow with sheer, long-wearing color. Can be worn as a cheek color or highlighter, or layered with powder blushes for extra color.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I actually heard of this brand before receiving these products, but I don't remember where and what I heard. For that reason, I went with a blank state of mind. I did not know what to expect of YoungBlood.

My initial thought was how cute! I actually liked the packaging. It's very classic, simple, sturdy, and very well made. The container is plastic, but it's thick enough to keep the cream moisturized. I've seen thin plastic containers where the cream product will eventually dry out. I don't see that happening with this product. That's a big plus for me! :) Another thing I do to keep my cream products moisturized, I actually store them upside. The moisture at the bottom of the product will be at the top. With gravity, the moisture will fall down keeping the top moisturized. If that made sense *sigh*. :X
Here's a picture of the product with flash. I honestly think this is more true to color than without flash.
Now a picture without flash. Sorry about the bad quality picture taking! Either my camera got worst or my niece changed the setting. I noticed it's not the same as before. :/
Here's a swatch of the color. On the website, it says it's "lustrous bubble gum pink." If you're a pink person like myself, you will love this. It's gorgeous!

Not only do I like the packaging and the color, the product is amazing! I have to say it's one of the best cream blush I have ever used. Since I have dry skin, the positive is that a lot of cream blushes last a long time on me. The negative is that it's hard to apply cream blushes on me. As soon as I dab a spot on me, the color is glued there. It takes a lot of rubbing and forcing it to move. This blush is so different in many ways, but in a good way! For one thing when you dip your finger into the product, you can tell it's a lot more creamier than other cream blushes I have used and trust me I have a lot of cream blushes. It's nothing I am proud of. I love my makeup collection, but I feel like I have way too much for someone who isn't an artist. :X Some other cream blushes would be dry and you have to swirl for it to get creamier. This blush is effortless. You don't need to do anything for it to get creamier. I also noticed it's as creamy as the first day I opened the packaged.

Like I said, it takes a lot of work to apply cream blushes on my dry skin. This is easy to apply and I don't see splotches. It's quick and I don't have to force my skin to move in ways it's not meant to be. One thing I love about this cream blush is that it's a product that doesn't require much effort!

When it comes to lasting a long time, I can't say it's better than other cream blushes. All blushes last a long time on me.
Here's a picture of the blush on me. It's taken with flash. I noticed it shows up more on me than without flash. :/

Pros:
* YoungBlood; a mineral based company.
* Oil-free.
* Paraben free.
* Comes in a variety of six colors.
* Sturdy packaging.
* No scent.
* Creamy.
* Easy to apply.
* No splotches.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Hard to find stores.
* It's not sanitary safe if I dip my finger.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

My reviews so far for the products I received from The Makeup Show.


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great product! The color looks really pretty, especially in the picture with flash. =)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Love that Hello Kitty pic! Hope you had a lovely 4th :D

This cream blush looks so pretty on you. I like that it doesn't requires a lot of effort.

Lena L said...

the blush looks very natural and flattering on you!
i'd love to wear cream blush but they tend to disappear so quickly! ;-/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...