Thursday, September 20, 2012

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Purity

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In my August 2012 GlossyBox, I received Illamasqua Nail Varnish.
Product Review: Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Purity

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at us.illamasqua.com
Price: $14 for 0.5 fl oz/ 15 mL

Made in Australia

Description on the package: Conceived amidst the dark drama of 1920s Berlin, developed by professional make-up artists, embraced by alternative cultures, made by a unique British brand. Worn by those who refuse to be everybody.

Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colours. Hardwearing and chip-resistant with individual finishes from matt to high gloss. Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish. Talk with your hands and make a statement.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I saw this in the August GlossyBox, I was stoked! I always heard about the brand Illamasqua especially their blushes and nail polishes. Having to own a nail polish was exciting, but not only that I got a color I love!
Here's how the nail polish looks in natural light. It's a gorgeous peach color! What I love about the color is not only that it's gorgeous, it's so unique. I knew I didn't own a color like this or seen anything close.
The closest that I own is China Glaze in Peachy Keen (on the left). It was a limited edition color from China Glaze.

If you can tell, I loved the color but that's not the only thing. Before I talk about the product itself, let me tell you about the brush.
It's not as thick as OPI, but it's not thin also. It will take more than two swipe to paint your nails. I'm so used to OPI nail polishes that I got used to thick brushes. This brush is actually decent. It did not bother me.

Now you know what I think about the brush and color. The packaging is decent. I like how simple and classic it looks. The only thing I wasn't keen on is the lid. Whenever I close it tight, it wasn't aligned with the bottle. If you look at the picture with the China Glaze, you can see the lid not in alignment with the bottle.
Here's how the color looks on my NC30 skin. I did two coats of the nail polish. I think it's pretty, but it'll look better on darker skin. Even though it doesn't look that great on my skin, I'll still wear it. I just love how unique the color is! Since it looked so pale on my skin, I decided to add lines on my ring finger. If you're curious how I did the line, it's actually tape. If you want me to do a tutorial on the tape, I can. Just tell me in the comment section. If I don't see any comment, I will not do a tutorial.
Here's how my nails look a week later. I hardly saw any chips and yes, I do dishes. I get asked that a lot. Please ignore the lines from the ring finger. I tore it off.

I was really happy how long the nail polish lasted before it started chipping, a week and a half. That's pretty decent for a regular nail polish.

Pros:
* Simple, classic, and sturdy bottle.
* Middle sized brush.
* Gorgeous color.
* Thick consistency.
* Long lasting.
* Takes longer than a week before it starts chipping.

Cons:
* The lid does not aligned with the bottle.

Would I repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...