Thursday, January 3, 2013

Billion Dollar Brows Hint Of Tint

This will be my second product from Billion Dollar Brows that I will be reviewing. I already reviewed BDB Universal Brow Pencil. If you're into pencils, I highly recommend that product! I still use it to this day and love it. For this post, I will be reviewing their Hint Of Tint.
Product Review: Billion Dollar Brows (BDB) Hint Of Tint in Taupe

Where to purchase: billiondollarbrows.com
Price: $18 for 0.20 fl oz/ 6 mL

Made in USA

Description from the back: Color & Control: All in one! A bold blend of temporary brow color and control in an easy to use tube. Using the mascara wand applicator, gently sweet the wand across your brow line to add color and hold. The more you apply, the deeper the color. Goes on smooth with a natural finish. Water resistant.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I talked with the PR, she recommended this product. It sounded great! To be honest, I was kind of clueless since the only things I have used in the past for my eyebrows were pencils and shadow-type products. I have never used any mascara-type products for my brows. For that reason, I was not too sure what I was getting into.
The packaging is very simple, a tube. It kind of reminds me of a primer, but it isn't.
Here's the wand with the product. The color is very true. It doesn't show in the picture but there's a curve like  real mascara.

Now for the product on my brows...
Here's how my brows look all natural. I don't have much hair like a lot of typical Koreans.
I filled in my brows with BDB Universal Brow Pencil. My brows has more color and looks better in person.
In addition to the pencil, I added Hint Of Tint. It adds color at the tip, as well as, groom my brows.

Overall, this is a great product if you have a lot of eyebrow hair. It will tame and add some depth. If you're like me no hair at all, it is an addition product. You will need to add onto already colored product. Once the product dries, it does not smudge like a mascara that isn't waterproof. It also lasts all day long, as well as, keeps the hair groom.

Pros:
* Mascara-type product.
* Easy to apply.
* Water resistant.
* Does not smudge.
* Adds hint of color.
* Groom brow hairs.
* Great for people with eyebrow hairs.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Cannot test out before buying.
* Comes in two colors, Blonde and Taupe.
* Addition to already color if you don't have much brow hair.

Would repurchase: No, I think this product is great for people with lot of eyebrow hairs.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

10 comments:

sleepandwater said...

Interesting product! I do see the difference it makes in making your brows appear more consistent and fuller, while still looking natural. Love the eye makeup too :)

Popblush said...

I'm korean too and I have sparse brows! LOL! I agree in that brow gels probably work great for those who have full brows but similar to you, I use my Etude House gel as an additional step for its tint and also to tame. I'm in the process of growing my brows out to make them appear fuller than it is, but its taking quite a long time..


Your eye makeup looks gorg! xx

Ahleessa said...

Thank you!

Ahleessa said...

I can't remember if I ever asked if you were Korean or not. I have such bad memory but whenever I saw your profile picture, I always thought you looked Korean. I guess I was right... hehe~ You probably didn't think I was Korean. Most people think I look Chinese. :/


I never tamed my brows with gel, but now I'm starting too... hehe~ I just cut them in shape and that was it. I only colored them in with shadow or pencil. Even if I grow my hair, it's still sparse. :/

Popblush said...

I don't remember having that conversation with you either so your memory hasn't gone bad yet! Hehe =P Most of the time I get told that I look Korean, sometimes people also guess otherwise! You know what, I actually did think you were Korean but wasn't 100% sure so didn't ask hehe.

Yeah, even if I grow mine too, it's sparse too and I actually trim the length quite often. I am actually trying to grow some depth, as mine are quite thin and I want to try a different look =)

Ahleessa said...

Wow, hardly anyone thinks I'm Korean. Everyone thinks I'm Chinese even Chinese people. You're really good... hehe~ :P


I have thick eyebrow hair, but hardly any... lol~ You should blog about your adventure on changing your eyebrow hair. I think it'll be interesting to read. :)

Popblush said...

Really?! I guess I am really good then! Haha =P
Gosh, I think growing out eyebrow hair needs so much patience! I don't even know if some of them will grow back! I refuse to pluck now, I only ever use the brow razor to shape.

Ahleessa said...

Yup, you're good... lol~ :P


How fast does the eyebrow hair grow after you shave it?

Popblush said...

That's a tricky one.. certain hairs take really quick to grow back but then some brow hairs seem like they will never grow back!! I currently have an arched shape but want it less arched - but even after a month, I haven't got the arched filled!!

Ahleessa said...

Wow, it's taking awhile. Good luck! I'm sure it will get there eventually. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...