Wednesday, May 14, 2014

April Favorites and Finished Products 2014

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Aveeno, Besame, Orly, Reviva Labs, and Zoya. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I know it's almost mid-May, but like I've said it's always better now than later. :)


April Favorites

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion: During my Aveeno Daily Challenge (introduction, first week, second week, third week), I used this as frequently as possible. Unfortunately, I just couldn't do it in daily basis. I'm just used to applying moisturizer all over after I shower. I don't shower in daily basis, but more every other day. I grew up that way. :/ Even though I didn't use it in daily basis, I found this moisturizer amazing! The consistency of the moisturizer reminds me of a thicker, creamier version of Vaseline. It felt good, not greasy, and I love how smooth my skin felt.

Besame Cosmetics Makeup Bag: I received this makeup bag during the VIP Kick-off Party for the Lifestyle Bloggers Conference 2014. I'm usually not a red fan but this is so adorable and to be honest, I was most excited about this bag! It's just adorable in every way possible. I will write a post on this that's how much I love it. Unfortunately, I cannot find the bag on the Besame Cometics but maybe there's something else that might intrigue you guys.

Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat: My friend gifted me this product and told me it's one of her favorite basecoats. At first, I didn't think anything of it. I just found it thick. After a month of using this product, I was sold! My nails felt stronger, it didn't turn yellow, it didn't break, and my polishes lasted longer than usual. What more can you ask for! Yes, it's thick but you can use a thinner to thin it out. I don't find that a big deal or at least for me.

Nars Matte Multiple in Laos: I bought this during The Makeup Show LA 2014 (Part 2). I used this a lot during the month of April. It's versatile, can be used both for cheeks and lips, and I don't need to grab a lot of products. It's very simple, I just colored my cheeks and lips, and no one would have guess I used only one products.

Reviva Labs Antioxidant & Texturing Day Cream: I've been using this moisturizer in the mornings and still am. I'm almost to the end which makes me sad. It's a great moisturizer for all skin types. It's not too thick for oily skin individuals and it's not too thin for dry skin like myself. Not only that, I also noticed diminished fine lines especially on the forehead. What more can you ask and my skin loves this product!


April Finished Products
Ossion Seaweed Cleansing Wash: I bought this long time ago. I was easily convinced by the saleslady. Unfortunately, I still am but I'm more cautious now or at least I would like to think so. She told me you use this cleanser dry and it will remove all the makeup. Then you can go straight into your routine of cleaning. At first, I liked it and I strongly believed in her. Now that I look at it, it's the same concept of using a makeup wipe.

Would repurchase: No.

Zoya Remove Plus Nail Polish Remover: My friend gifted me Zoya polishes and this was gift with purchase. I have never used Zoya nail polish removers until this. I kept hearing great things about this product and how it's better than other removers. To be honest, it works just as same as the other removers. The only difference is it has less chemicals than the other. For that reason, this might be better.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Aveeno, Besame, Orly, Reviva Labs, and Zoya. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

5 comments:

Indian Savage said...

Hi sweet Alyssa,
very interesting and useful review,
This product sounds good
Kisses
Maggie D.

The Indian Savage Diary

Kim A. said...

I loved the AVEENO lotion. It wasn't too heavy or light. Really nice consistency. That NARS Laos has been on my list. Glad you like it. Such a pretty color.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ahleessa said...

Thank you!

Ahleessa said...

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Ahleessa said...

I also loved the Aveeno lotion! I wouldn't have thought such a light weight product would hydrate my dry skin, but it did. :) Oh I cannot wait to see your review on the Laos Nars Multiple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...