Monday, June 9, 2014

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Nikki

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My friend gifted me some Zoya polishes some time ago.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Zoya in Aurora (first left from the bottom row). For this post, I will review the polish first left from the top row.
This is Zoya in Nikki. For some odd reason, I cannot find this on their website. I'm not too sure if it's discontinued or just sold out. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's very true.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, this is on a thin brush.
I applied Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Zoya in Nikki, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the consistency of the polish is on the medium side. It's not too thick and it's not too thin. I consider it a great consistency and very easy to work with. It goes on smoothly, and there's no streaking and bubbles. From my own personal experience I noticed when polishes are easy to work with, the width of the brush doesn't matter. I find it easy to apply and paint around the cuticles. Secondly, it's a very neutral color. With my skin tone, it looked like I wasn't wearing any polishes or at least that's what people told me. I think this will look better on darker skin individuals. It'll stand out more. Lastly, the lasting power is 4 days. It started with slight chipping at the tip and then big chunks at the end of the week.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Aurora

PixieDust
Beatrix
Stevie

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

12 comments:

Marianna De Luca said...

Love the colour!

Marianna,

THE ADVENTURES OF A
SHOPAHOLIC


THE
ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC ON FACEBOOK

Kim A. said...

I tried Zoya several years ago and didn't have much luck with it. It's a pretty color.

shinyprettythings said...

Nice color! I really like Zoya polishes. Last so long w/o any chips. So magical wahahaha

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :)

Ahleessa said...

Oh, what happened? I'm so intrigued!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! You must have amazing, strong, healthy nails. Zoya doesn't last that long on me... hehe~

Jens Ken Lundstrom said...

Lovely color!
looks beautiful on your nails!
Great post!

Beatriz Garcia said...

Love this color!!!! But sadly... this is a polish that doesn't last very long on my nails.... I have a few Zoya polishes. Love your reviews!!!!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! It didn't last that long on me either... hehe~

Beatriz Garcia said...

Its a beautiful color, tho!!!

Ahleessa said...

I agree. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...