Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MustaeV Single Eye Shadow in Gold Digger, Burn, and Nightmare

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2015, I attended The Makeup Show LA 2015 Part 1.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the goodies I received at the Blogger Preview.
I also took this picture from my Instagram. I hauled some products from The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2015 Part 2. I already reviewed Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette (top right).
Here are the products I either received at the Blogger Preview and directly from the brand MustaeV (pronounced must have). For this post, I will review the eyeshadows.

Where to purchase: online at mustaevusa.com
Price: $13 for 1.8 g/ 0.06 oz each

Made in Korea

Description from the website:
Gold Digger: A bright and glittery gold shade with a lustrous sheen that provides a velvety smooth application.

Burn: A satin pearl bronze shadow with red tones that provides a velvety smooth application.

Nightmare: An intense deep purple shadow infused with lustrous glitter that provides a velvety smooth application.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I first heard MustaeV was at The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2015 Part 1, I was excited! I'm a huge fan of Korean products. I might be a little biased since I'm Korean, but I have noticed it works really well on my Asian skin. For that reason when I received the powder in my goody bag, I was excited. The review will be coming up. When I met them at the booth the next day, they were kind enough to give me some single eyeshadows.
I picked out Gold Digger (left), Burn (middle), and Nightmare (right).
Before I talk more about the eyeshadows, I want to show you the package/box it comes in. I don't know if it's just me but I have trouble opening them. I usually don't mind when I open the package after I take pictures, but there are times I'm so excited and want to open before I take pictures. That's when I notice bends and it doesn't look that great in the pictures. For that reason when I noticed the slight curve at the top of all the MustaeV packages, I was stoke. It makes it easy to open and close. These little things the company does makes me notice and appreciate them more! Okay, I get excited about little things. :P

Now back to the eyeshadows...
This is Gold Digger.
Here's a closer picture of Burn.
The last one is Nightmare.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadows on my hand. The left is Gold Digger, middle is Burn, and the last one is Nightmare.

Now for looks I did with the eyeshadows...
Look #1:
I applied MustaeV in Gold Digger on the lids and blended the crease and outer v with MAC in Mulch.
Here's an overall look.

Look #2:
This is the only look I used all three eyeshadows from MustaeV. I applied MustaeV in Burn in the 1/3 of the inner lid, 1/3 on the outer lid, and crease. MustaeV in Gold Digger in the center of the lid and MustaeV in Nightmare on the outer v.
Here's an overall look.

Look #3:
I applied MustaeV in Burn on the lid and blended it out with MAC in Mulch on the crease and outer v.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, you really need to check out their website! It's the most detailed website I have ever seen. They mention every detail of the eyeshadows, as well as, show you pictures. I was blown away! Secondly, the eyeshadows are buttery soft. It reminds of me Urban Decay, Inglot, and so on. They're also pigmented, easy to apply, and they blend well together. In all honesty since they're so buttery soft, I was scared it'll crack if I drop them. I didn't drop Gold Digger intentionally but I was amazed it didn't crack. It gets a huge thumbs up from me! Another thing is and I hate to admit this, most Korean eyeshadows are not opaque. Koreans love light eye makeup that just gives a tint of color. MustaeV eyeshadows blew me away. They're pigmented and compares well with American brands. I highly recommend them! Lastly, they do not crease and it last all day.

Pros:
* Korean brand; big trend here in the US.
* Varieties of colors.
* Varieties of consistency; matte to glittery.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Pigmented.
* Easy to apply.
* Blends well together.
* Hardly any fall outs.
* Does not crease.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Sachi said...

whoa. that is the most amazing website I have ever seen. I don't think I have ever seen model swatches for EVERYTHING ever. Usually you have to go all over the web to find blogger swatches. I am so impressed! Burn is a gorgeous color too.

Konstantina Antoniadou said...

great review dear! these colours look amazing!!


www.kmeetsstyle.com

Stavroula DrugstoreBLover said...

Great review Ahleessa!! The second look you did is my favorite! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...