Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cailyn Pure Lust Extreme Matte Tint in Narcissist

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year October 2014, I attended the first Beauty Press Spotlight Day Event in Los Angeles.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I came home with wonderful goodies. I already reviewed Mirabella Travel Brush Set (bottom middle), Mirabella Myth Visionary Long Wearing Eyeshadow (middle left), and Cailyn Touch of Sunset Mineral Eyeshadow Powder (middle left). I also got Healthilocks Treatment at Salon Benjamin thanks to Healthilocks.
At the event, Cailyn Cosmetics showcased three sets of overall look. They gave me a goody bag full of Touch of Sunset.
Here are the products from the goody bag. I already reviewed Cailyn Touch of Sunset Mineral Eyeshadow Powder (bottom right). For this post, I will review the lip product on the bottom left.
Product Review: Cailyn Pure Lust Extreme Matte Tint in #1 Narcissist

Where to purchase: online at cailyncosmetics.com
Price: $19 for 0.12 fl oz/ 3.5 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Cailyn Pure Lust Extreme Matte Tint creates a vivid explosion of color on lips with continuous coverage that lasts! A unique infusion delivers a waterproof, non-sticky, matte finish in a single stroke for chic lips.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isohexadecane, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum, Propylparaben, Laureth-4, Ethylene Brassylate
MAY CONTAIN  Titanium Dioxide [CI 77891], Yellow 5 Lake [CI 19140], Red 6 [CI 15850], Red 6 Lake [CI 15850], Red 7 Lake [CI 15850], Red 21 Lake [CI 45380), Red 27 Lake [CI 45410], Red 30 Lake [CI 73360], Red 36 [CI 12085], Iron Oxide Red [CI 77491], Iron Oxide Yellow [CI 77492], Iron Oxide Black [CI 77499], Manganese Violet [CI 77742], Blue 1 Lake [CI 42090]
Thoughts: The last couple of months I've been into matte lip products or I should say several months. For some reason, I'm loving the glossy liquid that dries matte. So for that reason, I knew I had to play with this baby.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's very true!
Here's a look at the brush. It looks like every other matte lip creams, it's flat on both sides.
Here's a swatch of the lip tint on my hand. This was taken before it dried.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I'm wearing L'Oreal Colour Riche La Palette Nude 2 on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it smells like vanilla. I give this a big plus. Most matte lip creams I have tried smell chemical-like, but they're not noticeable unless I sniff it with my nose. This one is a little bit noticeable while applying on the lips, but not to the point it's over bearing. Secondly, it goes on liquid-y and dries matte. It's extremely smooth and doesn't tug on the lips. It's also opaque. One thing I do recommend is applying it thinly. If you apply too thick, it takes a long time to dry or at least from my experience. Once it dries, it feels like you're not wearing anything on the lips. That's why I'm so into these products. It's not sticky, glossy, and so on. It just feels like natural lips. Of course if you want to add shine, you can add clear gloss. Lastly, it's long lasting and doesn't come off until you eat/drink. Even with that, most of the color rubs off the center.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Simple, sturdy packaging.
* Smells like vanilla.
* Easy application.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Pigmented.
* Not sticky.
* Once dried, doesn't feel like you're wearing anything.
* Long lasting; lasts until you eat/drink.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Cailyn products I have reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Bijin Blair said...

I have said this a million times but you certainly rock pink! I'd be satisfied if I could wear Narcissist half as well as you <3

Lucie said...

Omg all the goodies you got! It's great to discover new products. I wish I could get my hands on this Cailyn matte tint!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...