Monday, June 8, 2015

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Marley

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last weekend (May 30-31, 2015), it was extremely busy with going to Generation Beauty and U2 concert. It took a strain on my body that I ended up getting sick. I'm still slightly fighting it but I feel so much better. For that reason, I didn't have any post last week. Sorry!

Now for the post... I've been very lucky to receive wonderful gifts from friends. I received a great gift from a friend from the east coast.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Formula X For Sephora Base Coat (top left) and Zoya in Dillon (top right). For this post, I will review the other Zoya polish (top middle).
This is Zoya in Marley. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it "as a light baby lavender touched with a hint of gray-silver and a subtle pearl finish. A versatile, easy to apply and wear pastel shade that's never chalky or harsh."
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, this is a lot thinner and slightly shorter. With that said, I didn't find it hard to paint my nails.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Zoya in Marley, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's a medium consistency. It goes on smoothly, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Even though the brush is a lot thinner than OPI brushes, I actually found it easy to paint and was able to take my time. There are some polishes that dry fast that I have to paint quickly. I didn't have to worry about this polish. Secondly and in all honesty, I didn't think I would like this polish. It's looks way too light and there's a lot of silver to it. It's actually a little bit darker and less silver on the nails. It's really pretty! I even got a lot of compliments. Lastly, it lasted a good 6 days before I noticed any chipping. It was slight that it wasn't noticeable unless you examine it carefully.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

BlushandBarbells said...

That's a beautiful color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...