Monday, January 25, 2016

Manicure Monday: Pure Ice in French Kiss

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive Influenster Jingle VoxBox 2015,

I took this picture from my Instagram. I will review the nail polish from Pure Ice.
Product Review: Pure Ice in French Kiss

Where to purchase: Walmart, and online at walmart.com and pureicecosmetics.com
Price: $2 for 0.5 fl oz/ 15 mL

Made in USA

Thoughts: I've always been intrigued by Pure Ice whenever I pass the beauty section at Walmart. On the other hand since it's on the cheap side, I just assume it's kind of like Wet n Wild polishes (I'm not a fan. I never had good experiences.). For that reason, I never purchased and decided to research before purchasing one. Since I don't visit Walmart that often (it's not close to me), I keep forgetting and that's why I'm so thankful for the chance to try this out.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's very true!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI, it's thinner and shorter. I would say it's on the thin side when it comes to width. The length is slightly shorter but it's still a good length.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Pure Ice in French Kiss, 1 coat of Color Club in Something New on the ring finger, and then topped all the nails with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. It's not really thin that it's unmanageable, but it does spread slowly to the side. I had to be careful or else the polish goes to the skin. With that said, it makes sense why the brush is on the thin side. It goes on easily, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Secondly, it's a gorgeous color I can see people wearing during the summer/fall/winter weather. I love how bright and alert the color is. Third, it's nothing like Wet n Wild polishes. It's a lot better! From my experience, Wet n Wild polishes don't last 24 hours with me. I'm not too sure why because it lasts longer on other people. I did notice chipping the next morning but it has to do with having crack nails. My nails are slightly weak at the moment but I was impressed with the longevity. It lasted five days before I noticed slight chipping. It was barely noticeable unless you examine the nails. Lastly, I did wear top coat. I noticed it wasn't as shiny as other polishes with the same top coat. Whenever I touched paper at work, I would notice blue stains from the polish. I also noticed it stained my skin while removing the polish. You have to be careful while removing.

Pros:
* In-between thin to medium consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Bright, creamy color.
* Lasted 5 days before slight chipping.
* Toluene, formaldehyde and DBP free.

Cons:
* Stains paper.
* Stains skin while removing.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...