Friday, January 22, 2016

The Body Shop Shower Cream in Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Christmas of 2014, my friend gifted me products from The Body Shop.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector second from the left. I also used The Body Shop Almond Conditioning Hand Wash on the far left. I just didn't review it since I didn't think it was a beauty product. For this post, I will review the body wash third from the left.
Product Review: The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream

Where to purchase: The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop-usa.com
Price: $9 for 8.4 fl oz/ 250 mL

Made in UK

Description from the website:
Best If You Want To: Spoil your skin with a moisturizing, soap-free cleanser full of rich, creamy, skin-softening lather and a classic, clean scent.

Best For: very dry skin

How it works:
* Community Trade shea butter has antioxidant vitamins A and E to help protect and nourish skin.
* Community Trade organic sesame oil moisturizes and softens skin.
* Sunflower seed oil softens and moisturizes skin.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), PEG-5 Cocamide (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour).
Thoughts: When it comes to The Body Shop, I'm a huge fan of the body butter. For that reason, I was excited to try this protect out.
Here's a closer look at the opening of the container.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it smells like vanilla to me. I'm not too sure how shea is suppose to smell. It can possible be shea. All I can say is it's on the musky side. It's not my type of scent but it's not that bad. The scent is pretty light. Secondly, the consistency reminds me of a lotion. That's probably why it's called a shower cream. Before I talk more about this, let me tell you where I come from. I usually use gel-like washes that foam up. For that reason, this was a new experience for me. I have never used a lotion-like body wash before. I'm not 100% sure if all shower creams don't foam up. This didn't. I'm so used to products that foam up when it comes to cleaning for example bar soap. Since the shower cream didn't foam up, I felt like I was applying lotion on my body rather than cleaning my skin. Third since it's more a lotion-like product, I use this product quickly. I would apply several drops on a wash cloth. I would apply it on one area of my skin. When I move to another, a lot of the product got absorbed onto the skin. Lastly, I can understand why this is great for dry skin individuals. It's hydrating and definitely great during the dry, winter weather.

Pros:
* Light scent.
* Lotion-like consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Hydrating.
* Great for dry, winter weather.

Cons:
* Smells like vanilla/shea; musky.
* Doesn't foam up.
* Use up the product quickly.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Duo Eyeshadow
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...