Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Vanity Fair for Oscar 2016

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products/event. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.

Please don't forget to enter Stilazzi Eyeshadows and Blush Refills Giveaway. It ends March 8, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


Last year (2015), I attended Vanity Fair for Emmy. Vanity Fair Social Club was kind enough to invite me for Oscar this year. The event was from Wednesday, February 24, 2016 to Saturday, February 27, 2016. I honestly want to thank Blogger Babes. Without them, this opportunity wouldn't have happened in my life. Thank you!

This year the event was held at The Platform in Culver City. It's a beautiful place but unfortunately, it's a little bit farther than I hoped. As soon as I entered the third floor, you see the stage. It's organized and bigger than We Work in Hollywood.
Here's the patio. Throughout the day, we can go outside and enjoy the sun and relaxation. We also sat around the tables for lunch.
They also had an open bar. I'm not a big fan of ginger but their ginger lemonade was delicious! I drank a lot during these days.

Now for the panels throughout the days...
Wednesday, February 24, 2016:
The first panel "And the Oscar Goes to: Awards Prediction" with Dave Karger, Fandango; Franklin Leonard, CEO and Founder of The Blacklist; Bladimiar Norman, SVP Digital Marketing, Skydance Media; Krista Smith, Executive West Coast Editor, Vanity Fair; Anne Thompson, Indiewire; and host Katey Rich, Hollywood Editor, VanityFair.com. This was a pretty exciting panel. There's so much philosophy when it comes to voting for the Oscar that we, normal people, wouldn't have thought. Not only that, I got to vote for the Oscar. I might be 0.00001% of the vote but it's something I can say I took part in.
The second panel is "Just a Girl that Sings" a documentary about Amy Winehouse with Asif Kapadia, director; special guest Nick Shymansky, Amy's manager; and host Katey Rich, Hollywood Editor, VanityFair.com.
The last panel is "Tyler Oakley" with Tyler Oakley, YouTube Star; and host Jeffrey Tousey, Social Media Editory, VanityFair.com.

Thursday, February 25, 2016:
The first panel is "iFilm: A Conversation with the Director and Star of Tangerine" with Sean Baker and Mya Taylor, and host Krista Smith, Executive West Coast Editor, Vanity Fair. This was a fun panel and impressed the entire movie was filed on iPhone!
The second panel is "Writing the Story of N.W.A." with Andrea Berloff and Jonathan Herman, Best Original Screenplay and host Krista Smith, Executive West Coast Editor, Vanity Fair. I think I might be the only one who hasn't watched Straight Outta Compton. After this panel, I definitely need to watch this!
The last panel is "How Social Is Changing the Business of Music" with Emblem3: Wesley and Keaton Stromberg and Drew Chadwick, and host Keltie Knight, The Insider. Then they performed several songs.

Friday, February 26, 2016:
The first panel is "The Art of Costume Design" with Sandy Powell, Costume Designer, Carol, Cinderella; and host Julie Miller, Senior Hollywood Writer, VanityFair.com.
The second panel "A World of Influences: Designing Makeup for Made Max: Fury Road" with Lesley Vanderwalt, Makeup Artist, Made Max: Fury Road; and host SunHee Grinnell, Beauty Editor, Vanity Fair.
Before the last panel, the model for Viktor and Rolf and actor in Taylor Swift's music video Blank Space made an appearance Sean O'Pry.
The last panel is "Equal Means Equal Campaign" with Patricia Arquette and host Nell Scovell, Vanity Fair Contributor. I was most excited to see this panel. I just adore Patricia Arquette. She's articulate, down-to-earth, and just a great mother. I also just love how real she is!

Unfortunately on Friday, I ended up getting really sick. I went home with a fever. The next day, I wasn't feeling too well and couldn't attend the last day of panels. From what I heard, it was good.

Throughout the days, there was a Social Shop where you get to Tweet or post on Instagram. In return, you get products. I almost got everything. The only thing I was sad is that I wasn't able to get the third lipstick from Lancome. I only got 2 out of 3. I didn't get the bright magenta one.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products/event. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...