Wednesday, July 20, 2016

NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Jubilation

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year (2015), I attended The Makeup Show LA 2015 Part 1. They were kind enough to give us a goody bag from the Blogger Preview Event.

I took this picture from my Instagram.  I kept looking at the picture and realized I haven't reviewed anything. I'm not too sure why! Anyways for this post, I will review the blush I received from NARS (middle bottom).
Product Review: NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Jubilation

Where to purchase: NARS stores, department stores, and online at narscosmetics.com
Price: $45 for 0.21 oz/ 6 g

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Purely pigmented color with seamless customizable coverage. New Dual-Intensity Blush defies genre with a silky, wet/dry formula of unprecedented artistry. Apply dry for a healthy glow and wet for translucent, second-skin finish. Six modern shade pairings coordinated to wear alone or pair together for a range of dynamic effects and versatility. Housed in a new, modern compact design.

NARS exclusive Translucent Prismatic Technology features pearls and pigments perfectly suspended in transparent soft base to allows for multi-dimensional effects with a uniquely weightless, luxurious texture.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I was extremely excited when I received this. Honestly, I was planning on getting one of the blushes at The Makeup Show. I just wasn't sure which one.
Here's a closer look in the inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the two blushes. The one on the left is Gauche and the right is Droit.
Here's a closer look at one of the blushes, Droit.
Here's a swatch of the blushes on my hand. The left is Gauche and the right is Droit.
Here's how the blushes look on me. I have a combination of both on the top of the cheeks and Gauche on the tip of my nose.
Here's an overall look. I have MAC Royal Assets: 6 Warm Eyes on my eyes and Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in TBT on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all like all NARS packaging, it has that soft black packaging. It has a lot of marks from my fingertips. I'm not the biggest fan of NARS packaging. I like the simple, black packaging but I hate the marks. With that said, it comes with a mirror making it travel-friendly. It's also tiny and has a magnetic opening/closing. You do have to take a brush with you if you take this for traveling. If you don't take a brush, you can use a Q-tip or even your fingers. Secondly, the blushes are soft and smooth. It feels like butter. It reminds me of a lot of medium to higher end products. The design, texture, and being able to use it both wet and dry reminds me of NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette but for the face. With that said, the blushes are compacted but there are slight loose powder. It is nothing compared to other powder products I have seen. It's very minimal. Third, you can use it wet or dry. I cannot say how it is wet since I did not use it that way. I only used it dried. With that said, it goes on easily and it's opaque. Since both blush are more on the golden side, I used it more as a highlighter than blush. Plus, I think it's too light to be a blush for my skin tone and I'm not too sure if I want to have sparkly cheek colors. For that reason, I'm not too sure why they call it a blush not a highlighter. You don't have to follow the rules. I applied it on the high points of the cheeks, tip of the nose, and cupid's bow. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. It did not fade or come off.

Pros:
* Simple, classic, black packaging.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Tiny.
* Magnetic opening/closing.
* Travel-friendly.
* Soft and smooth consistency; it feels like butter.
* Can be used wet or dry.
* Compacted.
* Easy to use.
* Opaque.
* Used it as a highlighter.
* Lasted all day on me without fading.

Cons:
* Lots of finger marks on the packaging.
* Very minimal loose powder.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NARS products reviewed/swatch:
Contour Blush
Lip Cover
Matte Multiple
Nail Polish
Stain Lip Pencil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...