Monday, August 22, 2016

Manicure Monday: Julep in Courteney

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My friend gifted me these Julep polishes.

I already reviewed Renee (far left), Georgia (middle), Susie (fourth from the left), and Sally (far right). For this post, I will review the remaining the second from left.
This is Julep in Courteney. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "key-lime green creme" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Julep in Courteney, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush. I like wider brushes since it's quicker to paint the nails. Secondly and with that said, the consistency is medium. It's a good thickness where you can take your time painting your nails without worrying about it getting thick. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Unfortunately, it doesn't look that way on certain nails. At first, I thought it might be the polish but I'm starting to think it's the base coat. Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat got thick half-way and I've been trying to thin it out with Seche Restore. It worked temporary but then it got thick again. I will keep playing with this until I cannot. Third, it's a gorgeous lime color. You can wear all year long but I think it's great for summer and fall. Lastly, I noticed chipping on the tips on the third day. I honestly don't think it's the polish but the base coat. If you use a good base coat, it should last longer.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...