Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Body Shop Eye Colour Stick in Nevada Gold

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive products from The Body Shop.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed The Body Shop Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad in Gold (top right). For this post, I will review the shadow stick in the middle right.
Product Review: The Body Shop Eye Colour Stick in Nevada Gold

Where to purchase: The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop-usa.com
Price: $15 for 1.6 g/ 0.05 oz

Made in Thailand

Description from the website: Our Eye Color Sticks are designed to make your natural eye color pop with sparkle that lasts for up to 12 hours! Show your true colors and stand out from the crowd this party season with high-definition eye color. The chunky stick design allow you to create the perfect eyeshadow shapes, shading, flicks and wings. Our Eye Color Sticks are enriched with Community Trade Babassu Oil from Brazil and beeswax.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Mica, Isohexadecane, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylsilsesquioxane , Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire d’abeille, Triethylhexanoin, Polybutene, Magnesium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Sorbitan Oleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citric Acid. [+/- CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide].
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I was excited to try this product out, at the same time, kind of nervous. I wasn't too sure what to expect.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadow on my hand. it's a sparkly gold color.
Here's how it looks on me. I applied The Body Shop Eye Colour Stick in Nevada Gold on the lid, and blended out with MAC in Mulch on the crease and outer v.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Jesse's Girl Matte Finish Lip Color in Angelic on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the packaging. I'm a huge fan of pen/cil types of eyeshadows. They're just easy to apply. You have apply it on the lid and blend it with your finger or at least that's how I use these types of products. Not only that, it's sturdy and well-made. It's easy to grab with your dominant hand. It's small enough to feel like a pen. It also has a tight top. As you put the top back on, it makes a clicking noise. The clicking noise tells me it's sealed. I cannot see the eyeshadow stick open unless you pull manually. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw it in your pocket, purse, and so on. Also, you don't have to have a sharpener. It's retractable. When I first got it, I tried to pull the shadow up at the bottom and it didn't move. Since it didn't move, I just assumed I got a broken shadow stick. I feel like a fool but it's at the top. I realized it after I used the product. For that reason, I didn't take a picture of the quantity of the product. To be honest, they gave a decent amount that should last awhile. Secondly, the consistency is creamy and just glides on. It does not tug on the lids. It really is easy to use. I just apply it on the lids and you get a decent amount of product. Depending on the individual, you can blend it out with your finger or not. I do recommend doing one eye at a time. It dries within seconds and once it's dried, it's set. It won't budge until you remove it. I also recommend not going over the area that has already set. If you reapply on top of the eyeshadow that has set, it will thicken and it will look patchy. That goes with any creamy shadows that set quickly. Third, the color is gorgeous. It's a sparkly gold that's universal all year round. You can wear it during daytime, nighttime, and so on. Not only that, it's pretty pigmented. I noticed the sparkles right away. It's not orangie-gold but more like yellow-gold. It's more the type I prefer. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. It did not crease, fade, smudge, and come off. It looked good at the end of the day as I applied it.

Pros:
* Easy to grab with your dominant hand; pen/cil type of packaging.
* Sturdy and well-made.
* Comes with a tight top.
* Makes a clicking noise when sealed.
* Travel-friendly.
* Retractable.
* Decent amount of product.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on; does not tug on the lids.
* Easy to apply.
* Recommend to do one eye at a time.
* Dries within seconds.
* Does not move/budge one set.
* Gorgeous sparkly yellow-gold.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Lasts all day without creasing, fading, smudging, and coming off.

Cons:
* Patchy; do not reapply on top of shadow that has set.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...