Friday, July 7, 2017

Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Old Flame

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2017, I went to PHAMExpo.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner (top left). For this post, I will review one of the Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipsticks on the middle right.
I bought two Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Cork and Old Flame. For this post, I will review one of their newest color Old Flame (bottom).

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Synthetic Beeswax, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isopropyl Titanium Isostearate, Alcohol Denat., Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin MAY CONTAIN +/-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "warm rusty orange." I don't know if I agree. It looks like that on the website but it doesn't on me. It's more orange.
Here's a closer look at the applicator. It's like most liquid lipsticks applicator, in the sense, it's slanted on one side of the tip. The only difference is the shape. It gets wider at the bottom of the slanted tip.
Here's swatches of Dose of Colors on my hand from left to right: Sand, Stone, Truffle, Old Flame, and Brick.
Here's how Old Flame looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells like vanilla with slight chemical scent. The smell doesn't bother me. Apparently, I keep buying liquid lipsticks from this brand. Secondly, I have always liked the packaging. I like the simple, clean design. Plus, it's see through. Since I own more than one, I can distinguish them apart easily. It comes in a well-made, sturdy packaging. It also has a tight, sturdy top. I can feel a tight squeeze when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. I also like the doe foot applicator. It picks a decent amount is the slanted tip that I don't have to re-dip back into the product. The tip of the applicator outlines the lip well and colors the remaining. Third, it has a liquidity consistency like most liquid lipsticks. Some liquid lipsticks are very liquidity, whereas, some are on the creamy side. I have to say this is in-between liquidity to cream. It goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. With any liquid lipsticks, you want to apply a thin coat so it dries quickly. This dries within seconds. Once it dried, it's matte and does not transfer. What most liquid lipsticks does it attach to your natural lip and falls in-between fine to thick lines. It depends on the liquid lipsticks. Some falls in-between the fine and thick lines, whereas, some only fall in-between the fine lines. It's all personal preference but I prefer fine lines only. Thankfully, this particular color only falls in-between the fine lines. I think it ages me when it falls in the thick lines. Fourth, I loved the color when I applied it at PHAMExpo. For some reason, it doesn't look the same on me. There are times I would look in the mirror and love it. Some times I think the color doesn't look that great on me. I just need to find a good makeup that works with this particular color. With that said, it'll be great for summer/fall season. I was impressed with the pigmentation. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. I didn't have to layer colors for it to show on me. One layer was good enough. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. The grease from the food soften the color in the center of the lips. Then with time, the color came off. It lasts as long as most liquid lipsticks I have tried. With that said, I always come back to Dose of Colors. It has to be one of my favorites and it's not drying. I didn't see any white residue in the center of the lips from dryness and it's extremely comfortable.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Dose of Colors products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...