Friday, July 21, 2017

Lorac PRO Liquid Lipstick Set in Light Peach, Soft Pink, Soft Mauve, and Plum Brown, California Dreaming (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter Play! By Sephora Deluxe Samples Giveaway. It ends August 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


In June 2017, I went to PHAMExpo and purchased some products.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner (top left) and Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Old Flame (middle right). For this post, I will review the Lorac liquid lipstick set on the middle left.
Product Review: Lorac PRO Liquid Lipstick Set in Light Peach, Soft Pink, Soft Mauve, and Plum Brown, California Dreaming (Limited Edition)

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at loraccosmetics.com
Price: $19 for 0.11 fl oz/ 3.31 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Chunky sweaters and jewels, wind and white plush clouds, the glow of the sun and your toes in the sand. LORAC Los Angeles brings you a set of our PRO Liquid Lipsticks that were inspired by all the things we love about our sunny city in late winter. With 2 new, exclusive shades and 2 best-selling shades, this set has the most on-trend shades straight from LA. Grab your sweater, sunglasses, and sandals and experience what we've dreamed up for you.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Tocopheryl Acetate, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Ethyl Vanillin, Ethlhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).
Thoughts: Lorac was actually sold through the store Naimies at PHAMExpo. When I checked out this booth, I was shocked one liquid lipstick was the same price as the set. For that reason, I decided to get the set. It was a good deal and I can't pass off a bargain.
In the set, it comes with four full-size PRO Liquid Lipstick from top to bottom; Light Peach, Soft Pink, Soft Mauve, and Plum Brown.
Here's a closer look at Light Peach.
Here's a closer look at Soft Pink.
Here's a closer look at Soft Mauve.
Here's a closer look at Plum Brown.
Here's a closer look at one of the doe foot applicator. This is Light Peach.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipsticks on my hand from left to right; Light Peach, Soft Pink, Soft Mauve, and Plum Brown.
Here's how Light Peach looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette on the eyes.
Here's how Soft Pink looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same makeup as above.
Here's how Soft Mauve looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same makeup as the other two.
Here's how Plum Brown looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same look as the other three.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's slight scent while applying. I just sniffed the products and they all smell the same. They smell like vanilla to me. The first time I used the liquid lipstick I didn't like the scent, but it was okay after couple of seconds. The next time I used them it didn't even bother me. It was just a one time thing. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's very attractive. It's simple with the brand and name of the product listed on the glass part of the liquid lipstick with a black top. It just looks professional. I also like that it comes in a see through packaging. If you own more than one like myself, it's easier to distinguish the colors apart. It's sturdy and well-made. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a slight squeeze when I open/close the top. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. The doe foot applicator fits with most liquid lipsticks. It has a slanted tip on one side of the applicator. It's also easy to define the lips and fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is on the liquidity side. It's not the most liquidity liquid lipstick I have tried but it's on that side. It's easy to use and dries fast. It dries within a minute. It's not the fastest but it's doable. Once it dried, it's transfer-proof. Like all liquid lipsticks, it falls on the natural lip and in-between all the fine/deep lines. I noticed the lighter colors (Light Peach and Soft Pink) define the fine/deep lines more so than the deeper colors (Soft Mauve and Plum Brown). The lighter colors are also more streakier as well. When I applied Light Peach and Soft Pink no matter how hard I tried to smooth the colors out, it just got thick and unattractive. I saw the deeper lines coming out and I find my deep lines not that pretty. I don't mind the fine lines. I think it's pretty and it's my signature lips. I didn't have any issue with the deeper/brighter colors Soft Mauve and Plum Brown. One thing I found interesting is that Plum Brown is oilier than the rest. When I did the swatch on my hand, all the colors came out fine except Plum Brown. It was just oil until I shook the bottle. I learned that with these liquid lipsticks from Lorac, it's recommended to shake before applying. I don't mind shaking the product but knowing myself, I will forget since other liquid lipsticks don't need shaking. Fourth, I only like two colors (Soft Mauve and Plum Brown). Light Peach and Soft Pink did not look good on my skin tone. It just blended with the skin tone. Soft Mauve and Plum Brown showed some color on my skin. To be honest, I cannot see myself reach for Light Peach and Soft Pink. Most likely I will mix these with lip liners or other liquid lipsticks. With that said, these will look great with smokey makeup. Soft Mauve will be great all season, whereas, Plum Brown is great for fall season. I can see myself wearing these colors. Pigmented-wise I have impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it's up there with all four colors. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. The grease from the food loosen the chemical in the center of the lips. Most of the colors came off in the center, whereas, the outline was there until the end of the day. I found it comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue from dryness. I noticed a lot of people in the blogosphere did not review these products and I wondered why it's not that popular. Now I can understand. It's not the best but it's not that bad. If you do get colors from this line, I recommend passing the lighter colors!

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Attractive, professional looking packaging.
* Easy to distinguish the colors; comes in a see through packaging.
* Sturdy, well-made packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Slanted tip on one side of the doe foot applicator; easy to outline and color the remaining of the lips.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Dries fast.
* Transfer-proof.
* Brighter/deeper colors (Soft Mauve and Plum Brown) are pretty.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Lighter colors (Light Peach and Soft Pink) define the deep lines.
* Lighter colors (Light Peach and Soft Pink) are streaky.
* Need to shake the product before applying.
* Lighter colors (Light Peach ans Soft Pink) blended with my skin tone.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lorac products reviewed/swatch:
Cream Lipstick
Baby Doll
Multiplex 3D Lashes
Black
PRO To Go Palette
Starry-Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio
LoracStar

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...