Friday, November 10, 2017

Anastasia Liquid Lipstick Mini Set in Dazed, Bittersweet, and Hudson; Holiday 2017 (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to have a wonderful person add me onto her Sephora employee discount for friends and family. It takes place around this time, October 2017, every year.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Mini Set in Madrid, Witches, Damned, Hawkwind, Sanctuary, Ludwig, Lovecraft, and Exorcism (top left). For this post, I will review Anastasia on the bottom right).
This is Anastasia Liquid Lipstick Mini Set. It's limited edition and can be purchased at Sephora. Since I did a thorough review of Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Crush, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Ozokerite, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Magnesium Silver Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tripeptide-1, Xanthan Gum, May Contain (+/-): Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)
Here's a closer look at Dazed. The website describes it as "redwood."
Here's a closer look at Bittersweet. The website describes it as "Swiss chocolate."
Here's a closer look at Hudson. The website describes it as "deep peach."
Here's a closer look at the applicator. This particular color is Dazed. I saw on YouTube some people had a mixture of this shape applicator and slanted on one side of the tip. Mine were all the same.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipsticks on my hand from left to right; Dazed, Bittersweet, and Hudson.
Here's how Dazed looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1 on the eyes.
Here's how Bittersweet looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same eye makeup as above.
Here's how Hudson looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette and MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the liquid lipsticks and they all smell the same. The scent is light and it smells slightly chemically, but at the same time, it has a twist of lemony and vanilla. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's made out of thick, sturdy plastic with a silver, metal top. There's no scratches and finger marks on the plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a slight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even the pocket. I found the applicator interesting and not the typical doe foot applicator you find in liquid lipsticks. It's flat on both side. The tip is supposed to help outline the lines and the flat side to fill the remaining of the lips. I don't know if it's just me but I found the tip kind of hard to outline the lips. Third, the consistency is more a light creamy texture. It is easy to apply. It glides on the lips and does not tug. With that said, it's not streaky whatsoever and it dries quickly. I would say it dries matte within couple of minutes. Since the liquid lipsticks adheres to the lips, I highly recommend exfoliating and applying lip balm before you apply the products. It will show all the fine and thick lines, as well as, all the patchiness of the lips. Fourth, the colors are actually pretty. I usually go for colors like Hudson but I actually like Dazed as well. I think I'm starting to like bold colors but not in daily basis. Dazed is pretty for fall/winter season. Bittersweet is great for fall, and Hudson is good all year but I see it more so for fall. Pigmentation-wise I was impressed. They are really pigmented for one layer. Lastly, they last until I eat. The grease from the food soften the texture in the center of the lips and the colors come off. With that said, I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable. It's slightly uncomfortable from dryness but I don't see the white residue in the center of the lips as I normally do with dry products. I'm glad I got these and got to try them. I have mix feelings with this product from this particular brand. It's pigmented and creamy. On the other hand, it's slightly drying but it's not completely uncomfortable. I wouldn't say it's my favorite brand of liquid lipsticks but it's alright.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Anastasia products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...